Need I say more? The Bernardus Lodge is everything you may want for a romantic Carmel getaway. The grounds are beautiful, the staff are the ultimate in professionalism (without being stuffy) and the whole place just "screams" relaxation!
We've stayed in so many ramshackles calling themselves hotels in downtown Carmel by the Sea that we were happy to upgrade to the more relaxing atmosphere, better weather and beautiful scenery of Carmel Valley. We only stayed one night in the Fall (so no pool activity) and the hotel was not entirely full but the vibe was definitely serene.
The rooms are spacious and immaculate but could use a bit of "contemporizing". The bed, linens and towels are top notch. The snacks and welcome wine are a very nice touch.
It was nice to walk to dinner at Marinus rather than have to drive into Carmel Valley or downtown. It was an OUTSTANDING meal with service to match!! It was fine dining at it's finest without being pretentious or stuffy.
We will return!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lodge is widely recognized as one of the top winemaking estates in California. Founded by celebrated winemaker Bernardus Pon, the Lodge resembles a classic European country inn, with 57 suites, a luxurious spa, award-winning restaurant and the Bernardus Winery and Vineyard. For a relaxing getaway, an off-site retreat, or romantic wedding, discover why Bernardus has become the luxurious heart of Carmel Valley. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with T4B, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Cheap Tickets and Despegar.com so you can book your Bernardus Lodge & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bernardus Hotel Carmel Valley
- Bernardus Carmel Lodge Valley
- Bernardus Lodge