Arriving at the Bernardus, you know you are in for a treat. From the time you drop your car off to the time you leave, everyone at Bernardus is welcoming, helpful and courteous. A great staff. As you enter the main building you are greeted by your concierge and given a glass of Bernardus wine. The concierge then takes you on a tour of the property and then to your room. The rooms are comfortable (especially the bed) plus you get 3 complimentary bottles of Bernardus wine as well as other goodies. We ate dinner at their two restaurants, Wickets Bistro (casual with great drinks-I discovered Monterey Rye, which was excellent) and Marinus. (more about Marinus in another review, but excellent) We also had breakfast on our patio one morning. Everything about our 3 night stay was so relaxing. A great place to get away and enjoy a peaceful atmosphere. One of the best places my wife and I have stayed at.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lodge is widely recognized as one of the top winemaking estates in California. Founded by celebrated winemaker Bernardus Pon, the Lodge resembles a classic European country inn, with 57 suites, a luxurious spa, award-winning restaurant and the Bernardus Winery and Vineyard. For a relaxing getaway, an off-site retreat, or romantic wedding, discover why Bernardus has become the luxurious heart of Carmel Valley. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, T4B, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Bernardus Lodge & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bernardus Hotel Carmel Valley
- Bernardus Carmel Lodge Valley
- Bernardus Lodge