I have been a steady "resident" of Bernardus Lodge since it opened many years ago. Each room is beautiful and the pool and spa area are relaxing and peaceful. Both restaurants are fabulous and food is delicious and consistent. The grounds surrounding the resort are immaculate and the staff are caring and friendly. My love has been explained- My hate is their rates and their cancellation policy. The rates flux from the sublime to the ridiculous. In the summer when they are inundated by Hollywood visitors- rooms soar to over 1200 per night-in the fall when the simple folk return the rates return to a still hefty 500-600 night rate plus resort taxes. I still return since I am in love with this place and like with all love affairs-they are ups and downs in the relationships. BTW Room service is divine!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lodge is widely recognized as one of the top winemaking estates in California. Founded by celebrated winemaker Bernardus Pon, the Lodge resembles a classic European country inn, with 57 suites, a luxurious spa, award-winning restaurant and the Bernardus Winery and Vineyard. For a relaxing getaway, an off-site retreat, or romantic wedding, discover why Bernardus has become the luxurious heart of Carmel Valley. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, T4B, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Bernardus Lodge & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bernardus Hotel Carmel Valley
- Bernardus Carmel Lodge Valley
- Bernardus Lodge