“Great place for relaxation.” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save up to 30%
Ranked #1 of 2 hotels in Carmel Valley
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Great place for relaxation.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

This is the second time we have stayed at Bernardus. We went same time last year. Stayed three nights and enjoyed every minute. Had a great room overlooking the pool. Rooms come with complimentary wine and snacks which is lovely and there is fresh fruit and flowers in the room. The beds are extremely comfortable and there is a cosy fireplace in the room.
Had breakfast each morning at Wickets and the breakfast was delicious. We also had dinner one evening and I had a lunch. The only disappointment was the chicken I had for dinner. I do not eat much red meat or chicken but last year I had the chicken and it was so good I had it twice. I was looking forward to the same juicy delicious chicken. The chicken I got this time was tough so once was enough. This was the exception as all the other food was wonderful.
Staff are friendly and helpful.
Spa is wonderful and I had a full day of pampering. Highly recommend.

Room Tip: Depends on what you like. I really did like having a room that overlooked the pool.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

334 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Boise, Idaho
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

Just came back from a lovely stay on the Monterey Peninsula. Bernardus being one of our stops. We went for a wedding. We went with a dear friend who was a part of the team that designed it. So we were able to learn all the back stories about why they chose e-v-e-r-y little detail. Fascinating. We enjoyed every aspect of the place. The staff and amenities were equally amazing. Wedding was stunning. I recommend when you come here to remember it is to relax. You need to stay on the resort to get the whole experience. Marinus has won too many awards to mention and deserve their high Zagat score. Wine collection off the charts. The rooms are very tasteful and good in size. There were 3 different Bernardus wine bottle for free as well as gourmet goodies and camembert cheese and crackers in our room as well as fresh fruit and waters, juices and sodas. They do not nickle and dime you here. A fire place and huge soaker tub that fills up in 40 seconds. Like I said, it's the details in this place. Apparently, we just missed Bradley Cooper and Leonardo DiCaprio is a regular.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

Although I live at the mouth of Carmel Valley, not far from the Bernardus Resort, I had the opportunity to stay at the hotel the night my niece had her wedding reception there in May 2013. The staff and facilities are excellent....loved the amenities included as well as the quality of the room's furnishings and linens. Wonderful food and wine and the wedding coordinator and her staff did an excellent job as the function went off without any problems that I could see. Loved how the servers came out in a line, surrounded one table at a time and then placed the plates in unison......fabulous!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

What can I say except that this is the place to go if you are looking for exceptional service and food. Once you get to your hotel there was a basket of goodies already waiting for use compliments of the hotel. Service was great, everyone was very friendly and helpful. Valet there is great! The guys Tim and Rich always remember our name. Food here is out of this world, very clean and fresh. I don't think there is one bad thing on the menu at all and I tried everything. Very pet friendly as well. The only downside was the bed, wish it was more comfortable, Bernadus Lodge you guys should check out Four Seasons bed!

Room Tip: Pet friendly, 54 rooms, heated pool, 10 minutes up hill from Carmel-by-the-Sea
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Luxembourg
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

My wife an myself spent only 2 nights at the fantastic Bernardus Lodge from April, 22nd to April 24 th 2013.

At first we were a little disappointed as we thought the Hotel would be located in Carmel. But at a second sight we really enjoyed the calm of Carmel Valley. Whe Carmel itself comes to a foggy small town around 4 PM - you stull can go back to Carmel Valley - 15 minutes by car - an install youselt next to the pool an enjoy the rest of the day.

The welcome to the Hotel was charming - the guys from the valet service were fantastic. Breakfast was great- We did not eat at the lodge preferring to gou out to Carmel village. But the menu looked great an accordingly to what other guests said the food et the lodge was fantastic.

If I ever go back to CA the lodge is an adress I will not miss.

Room Tip: room 17 ist great an located just adjacent to the cricket field
Sonoma,CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

This was our second time at Bernardus and we had a wondrful time. We booked a romantic weekend package and it was great, started with a wine and rose pedal bath on arrival and a couples spa treatment on Saturday. The massages were fantastic!! We will be back again soon.

Asheville, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

I booked room six at the Bernardus Lodge as a surprise for my wife on our two week vacation of Northern California. This room is absolutley beautiful. It has a King bed, large seating area, beautiful bathroom with two person shower and two person soaking tub. It has a fireplace and the room comes stocked with wine and snacks as part of the rate. However, the coolest thing about this suite is that it has a beautiful outdoor private patio and garden with an in-ground hot tub. We stayed here for two nights and we didn't want to leave the room / hot tub. When we did leave the room, the employees were out of this world friendly and helpful.

On our first day, we enjoyed an 80 minute couples massage which was great. The spa, while a little small is very well appointed, with a warming pool, a nice waiting area with fireplace and nice amenities. A little later, nod-nod, wink-wink, my wife and I dined in Marinus, the fine dining restaurant. We enjoyed the tasting menu paired with wine. It was amazing. I would place it just a hair below the French Laundry, where we dined last week. However, the price was a third of the French Laundry.

During our stay, we ate lunch and breakfast at the casual restaurant-Wickets and both were great. We worked out in the fitness center both mornings and it was adequate for us but small. If crowded, we never would have been able to get on the equipment. The pool area is nice and they also have Bocce and croquet.

This was ana amzing property and we will stay again.

Room Tip: Choose room six!!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Bernardus Lodge? Share your experiences!