This is the second time we have stayed at Bernardus. We went same time last year. Stayed three nights and enjoyed every minute. Had a great room overlooking the pool. Rooms come with complimentary wine and snacks which is lovely and there is fresh fruit and flowers in the room. The beds are extremely comfortable and there is a cosy fireplace in the room.
Had breakfast each morning at Wickets and the breakfast was delicious. We also had dinner one evening and I had a lunch. The only disappointment was the chicken I had for dinner. I do not eat much red meat or chicken but last year I had the chicken and it was so good I had it twice. I was looking forward to the same juicy delicious chicken. The chicken I got this time was tough so once was enough. This was the exception as all the other food was wonderful.
Staff are friendly and helpful.
Spa is wonderful and I had a full day of pampering. Highly recommend.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lodge is widely recognized as one of the top winemaking estates in California. Founded by celebrated winemaker Bernardus Pon, the Lodge resembles a classic European country inn, with 57 suites, a luxurious spa, award-winning restaurant and the Bernardus Winery and Vineyard. For a relaxing getaway, an off-site retreat, or romantic wedding, discover why Bernardus has become the luxurious heart of Carmel Valley. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LHW, Booking.com, Travelocity, HotelsClick, BookingOdigeoWL, Jetsetter, Hotels.com and Otel so you can book your Bernardus Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bernardus Hotel Carmel Valley
- Bernardus Carmel Lodge Valley