Just came back from a lovely stay on the Monterey Peninsula. Bernardus being one of our stops. We went for a wedding. We went with a dear friend who was a part of the team that designed it. So we were able to learn all the back stories about why they chose e-v-e-r-y little detail. Fascinating. We enjoyed every aspect of the place. The staff and amenities were equally amazing. Wedding was stunning. I recommend when you come here to remember it is to relax. You need to stay on the resort to get the whole experience. Marinus has won too many awards to mention and deserve their high Zagat score. Wine collection off the charts. The rooms are very tasteful and good in size. There were 3 different Bernardus wine bottle for free as well as gourmet goodies and camembert cheese and crackers in our room as well as fresh fruit and waters, juices and sodas. They do not nickle and dime you here. A fire place and huge soaker tub that fills up in 40 seconds. Like I said, it's the details in this place. Apparently, we just missed Bradley Cooper and Leonardo DiCaprio is a regular.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Majestic, pastoral and artistic, there's no place like Carmel Valley. And there's no better way to tap into the small-town charms than at Bernardus Lodge & Spa-an indulgent 28-acre escape. Tucked away among rolling vineyards and gardens, Bernardus invites you to savor the intimacy of a boutique resort with an epicurean spirit and a soothing soul. Retreat to the warmth of an old friend's rustic-chic ranch estate, where high-touch service welcomes you home. Here's your chance to unplug, unwind and savor time well spent, whether it's pursuing a new interest or perfecting the art of basking in the warm Carmel Valley sun. Stroll our organic chef's garden and watch a true garden-to-table experience. Grab a gourmet basket and find a picnic-perfect spot with your partner. Share a glass of Pinot. Dabble in Carmel Valley's endless pursuits, all curated by our local staff for the ultimate insider's experience. Then sink into the cozy furnishings of a redesigned guestroom open to the outdoors. Relax, reflect, rejuvenate and breathe deep. Bernardus captures the magic of Carmel-and the memories that matter most. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, T4B, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA and Jetsetter so you can book your Bernardus Lodge & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bernardus Hotel Carmel Valley
- Bernardus Carmel Lodge Valley
- Bernardus Lodge