Just came back from a lovely stay on the Monterey Peninsula. Bernardus being one of our stops. We went for a wedding. We went with a dear friend who was a part of the team that designed it. So we were able to learn all the back stories about why they chose e-v-e-r-y little detail. Fascinating. We enjoyed every aspect of the place. The staff and amenities were equally amazing. Wedding was stunning. I recommend when you come here to remember it is to relax. You need to stay on the resort to get the whole experience. Marinus has won too many awards to mention and deserve their high Zagat score. Wine collection off the charts. The rooms are very tasteful and good in size. There were 3 different Bernardus wine bottle for free as well as gourmet goodies and camembert cheese and crackers in our room as well as fresh fruit and waters, juices and sodas. They do not nickle and dime you here. A fire place and huge soaker tub that fills up in 40 seconds. Like I said, it's the details in this place. Apparently, we just missed Bradley Cooper and Leonardo DiCaprio is a regular.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lodge is widely recognized as one of the top winemaking estates in California. Founded by celebrated winemaker Bernardus Pon, the Lodge resembles a classic European country inn, with 57 suites, a luxurious spa, award-winning restaurant and the Bernardus Winery and Vineyard. For a relaxing getaway, an off-site retreat, or romantic wedding, discover why Bernardus has become the luxurious heart of Carmel Valley. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LHW, Jetsetter, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Odigeo, Hotels.com and Otel so you can book your Bernardus Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bernardus Hotel Carmel Valley
- Bernardus Carmel Lodge Valley