We have been going to the restaurant for some time, but this past trip was our first time to stay at this lodge. Certainly the rooms were fine, but not great for $500/night. They were really dark, and we could hear the conversations and comings and goings of our neighbors. They did offer a lovely basket of goodies, including home-made brownies and a few half bottles of wine. It is always good to stay on the property where we dine. The rooms were a short walk to the main lodge. The staff were warm and helpful.
Carmel Valley Ranch still remains our Carmel Valley favorite. It's not as high touch as the Casa de Palmero at Pebble. Both rate above Bernardus.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lodge is widely recognized as one of the top winemaking estates in California. Founded by celebrated winemaker Bernardus Pon, the Lodge resembles a classic European country inn, with 57 suites, a luxurious spa, award-winning restaurant and the Bernardus Winery and Vineyard. For a relaxing getaway, an off-site retreat, or romantic wedding, discover why Bernardus has become the luxurious heart of Carmel Valley. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Bernardus Lodge & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bernardus Hotel Carmel Valley
- Bernardus Carmel Lodge Valley
- Bernardus Lodge