From the moment we arrived, we felt at home at Bernadus Lodge. We had two lovely rooms (26 and 28) located above the swimming pool. The gardens are beautiful, all the staff deserve a big thank you for their proffesionalism and friendlyness. Only downside: While there is a steam room and sauna in both the male and female locker rooms, opening hoursbofnthose facilities are coupled to the Spa opening hours. In our case, this was at 5:30pm at the first evening amd 6:30pm the second. I love to excercise or work out in the evening, followed by a steam and/or sauna before dinner. This was not an option in either case. Maybe the locker room hours could be de-coupled from the Spa opening hours?
Both restaurants are very good and the service is phantastic.
So I'll be back when travelling to California next time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lodge is widely recognized as one of the top winemaking estates in California. Founded by celebrated winemaker Bernardus Pon, the Lodge resembles a classic European country inn, with 57 suites, a luxurious spa, award-winning restaurant and the Bernardus Winery and Vineyard. For a relaxing getaway, an off-site retreat, or romantic wedding, discover why Bernardus has become the luxurious heart of Carmel Valley. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, LHW, T4B, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire, Despegar.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Bernardus Lodge & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bernardus Hotel Carmel Valley
- Bernardus Carmel Lodge Valley
- Bernardus Lodge