We booked over Thanksgiving to get away from it all and explore the area. Bernardus fit the bill in terms of location and we got a nice deal on the room.
Pros: The room! We had a standard room with a fireplace (it's gas so more for show than heat) and a super comfy bed. It was so glorious to sleep for ages... some of the best sleep I've ever had. The housekeeping was so prompt and efficient - we had turn down service and our room made up quickly every day. The bathtub could also fit about 4 people. Fabulous for unwinding! Also, the service from the concierge was helpful and friendly.
Cons: the food. I had wished for so much more and better... but it disappointed at every turn. Service was slow (I mean, slllloooowwwww), not attentive to details (we sat for 45 mins during the $75pp buffet with no water) and disappointing. And, the food did not make up for it. It was average at best. We ate some dinners in the valley and in Carmel by the Sea and were very pleased.
Basically - I loved everything about the place except the meals. Just go out to eat and it likely would've gotten 5 stars by me!
Tip: avoid the $150 Leaders Club pitch. Internet is provided for free and breakfast credit is not worth it.
Tip #2: free parking was a plus!
- Also Known As:
- Bernardus Hotel Carmel Valley
- Bernardus Carmel Lodge Valley
- Bernardus Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxury spa that combines elegant country living with luxurious amenities found in only the best European hotels. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Cheap Tickets, LHW, Expedia, HotelsClick and Hotels.com so you can book your Bernardus Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.