This is an amazing property about 10 miles from the village. The rooms are spectacular -- spacious, luxurious, thoughtfully appointed. The beds are wonderful, the natural gas fireplace is cozy. We also had a private hot tub, which was a nice treat. However, you pay for all this luxury! As nice as it is, I don't think it is worth the cost. Housekeeping was a bit spotty -- at one point they took one of our two coffee cups and it never returned. They also never replenished the in-room coffee. I'm sure we could have called the front desk and it would have appeared at our door in less than five minutes, but should we really have to?? Also, the food and service in Wickets Restaurant was only average. The portions were over-sized and so were the prices.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lodge is widely recognized as one of the top winemaking estates in California. Founded by celebrated winemaker Bernardus Pon, the Lodge resembles a classic European country inn, with 57 suites, a luxurious spa, award-winning restaurant and the Bernardus Winery and Vineyard. For a relaxing getaway, an off-site retreat, or romantic wedding, discover why Bernardus has become the luxurious heart of Carmel Valley. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, T4B, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Bernardus Lodge & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bernardus Hotel Carmel Valley
- Bernardus Carmel Lodge Valley
- Bernardus Lodge