I adored the Bernardus Lodge! What a spectacular location and tranquil setting, yet so close to Monterey and Carmel. I had been searching for a "splurge" hotel for a romantic stay with my boyfriend and had ruled out the Post Ranch Inn, due to the insane expense. I came across Bernardus in Fodor's and other top review listings of luxury properties. Would completely disagree with Kime465 on the property not being "romantic." The rooms are set back from the main reception area and are very private, with exquisite appointments. The staff is highly considerate and doesn't intrude. Depending, of course, on the room you select, you would more or less luxurious amenities. In our room, the bathtub was large enough for us to share a bath and the bed was superb...high quality bedding and lovely decor. I can't say enough and would absolutely return to this property.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lodge is widely recognized as one of the top winemaking estates in California. Founded by celebrated winemaker Bernardus Pon, the Lodge resembles a classic European country inn, with 57 suites, a luxurious spa, award-winning restaurant and the Bernardus Winery and Vineyard. For a relaxing getaway, an off-site retreat, or romantic wedding, discover why Bernardus has become the luxurious heart of Carmel Valley. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LHW, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL, Hotels.com, Otel and Jetsetter so you can book your Bernardus Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bernardus Hotel Carmel Valley
- Bernardus Carmel Lodge Valley