The moment you arrive, every detail is taken care of for you. Everyone knows who you are right away, they offer you a glass of wine and the check in process is completely painless and quick- which makes it even more surprising that by the time you are escorted to your guest room, your luggage is already there waiting for you. Their spa, though a bit overpriced, is a sea of tranquility and their staff is superb. You can use their steam room and hot pool even if you do not book a service. Their food is outstanding, although I only had breakfast, the portions were generous and delicious. There are so many little touches that make this place one of my favorites, turn down service includes a lavender calming lotion to put in the corner of your pillow to help you sleep. Wine and food in the room are complimentary- 3 mini bottles of wine, home made crackers, home made brownies, goat cheese , soft drinks. Everything is so luxurious. And don't miss a walk in their vineyards, with the valley as the backdrop, you will never want to leave this place. the one thing to notice, is that this is a good 12 miles from Carmel-by-the-Sea, so going back and forth is not as convenient as staying right by Ocean AVenue. The advantage though, is you are guaranteed sun even when Carmel is completely fogged in.
- Also Known As:
- Bernardus Hotel Carmel Valley
- Bernardus Carmel Lodge Valley
- Bernardus Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxury spa that combines elegant country living with luxurious amenities found in only the best European hotels. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, LHW, Expedia, Hotels.com and HotelsClick so you can book your Bernardus Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.