“Yee Haw ..Great Wine and Service.” 5 of 5 stars

Type: Wineries
Activities: Wine tasting
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: The largest rose-grower in the state is also a notable winery.
San Jose, California
5 attraction reviews
“Yee Haw ..Great Wine and Service.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

This is a very little gem in Carmel by the Sea. We were just walking down the street when we noticed the little tasting room. (It's a little hidden) We walked in the small tasting room and was immediately greeted by Janet. She was a wonderful host. It's 10 dollars a tasting per person. The going rate in area :( But, if you join their club its free. I'm a member of a 2 wine clubs, only because they don't sell to large retail store and are harder to get. ( I mean why join a club, when you can get it cheaper at Safeway..cmon). And you get to choose the wines you receive or pick up.(only 2 times a year)

The wines were very good, even the Sauvigon Blanc ( I don't usually drink white wine). My favorite is the Cab....I forget the name...I guess I had too many wines.....I drank some wine after I got home...Still tasted excellent!!

Visited October 2013

London, United Kingdom
14 attraction reviews
“Nice tasting room in downtown Carmel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

A nice, friendly tasting room in downtown Carmel. We visited on a Sunday afternoon. There were a couple of other small groups but it wasn't overly busy. The pourer was very friendly and knowledgeable. Galante Vineyards focus on red wines- we particularly liked the Kick A$% Cab (trip advisor will not allow me to post the actual name because it is considered a profanity...) and the Double M (a malbec & merlot blend). The tasting cost $10 for 5 wines and we also got a free taste of the sauvignon blanc which wasn't on the tasting list. We would definitely recommend if you are wine tasting in downtown Carmel.

Visited June 2013
Austin, Texas
75 attraction reviews
“Red wines at a cost”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

We wondered in. Wine tasting is $10 for six pours. The have one white mostly reds. Run about $25 and higher a bottle. Staff was friendly and gave us an extra tasting of a wine not on the list. Tasting and bottles higher than we are used to but a nice experience.

Visited July 2013
Rhode Island
6 attraction reviews
“Wine from Carmel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

There is a tasting room for Galante Vineyards located in downtown Carmel, which we found in our search for a present for our daughter. We arrived after two sets of group tasters were leaving, so we got a lot of attention. I did not wnat to do any wine tasting, but still wanted to determine if the wine was any good. She was very helpful and provided tastes. They do not have a good white, but their reds are stand-out. The one we chose (a light read -- 1328 Rancho 2009) is definitely one for someone learning about the finer points of good wine (not cheap!).

Visited October 2012
13 attraction reviews
“In the wine club!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012 via mobile

I've been drinking their wine for 10 years. It's difficult to get their wine in MA, so we work the system. I've not had a bad bottle from them. Our favorite is the Blackjack Pasture itch a close second being the Double M. Today, we were at the Wing Gang barbecue and had tasty food paired with excellent wine.

Regarding the poor review, you need to learn patience. When places are busy, you might need to wait. Remember, it's not all about you.