“Simply Charming in Carmel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Cobblestone Inn

You added Cobblestone Inn to your Saves list
Cobblestone Inn
2.5 of 5 Inn   |   Junipero Between Seventh & Eighth, PO Box 3185, Carmel, CA 93921   |
Ranked #21 of 28 Carmel B&B and Inns
South Lake Tahoe, California
“Simply Charming in Carmel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2014

We found this quaint B&B with ease on Hotelstonight while we were on vacation in the Monterey area. I had read some reviews online and knew what to expect with the parking situation. There are four spots in the courtyard of the hotel but we parked on the street in front of the property which was easy and there was always a spot available. The lobby and lounge area is very nice with pleanty of comfy places to sit and a water cooler and tea and hot chocolate packets. The outdoor patio/garden area is beautiful! The front desk was welcoming and very accomodating. The room was on the small side but fit 2 people comfortably and had everything we needed, including a fireplace! The only small issue was the non existant water pressure in the shower. Unfortunatel we missed the cheese and wine hour but breakfast the next morning in the sunny lobby area was such a nice treat. Handmade and delicious! All the staff we incountered were extremly friendly and helpful. The hotel was very close to downtown Carmel and a very short drive into Monterey.I wish we would have canceled the rest of our trip and stayed another nice. If you are looking for luxury or fancy keep searching, but I have found my go to hotel in Carmel!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
ManagerDM, Manager at Cobblestone Inn, responded to this review, April 28, 2014
Dear Sunkist054,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Cobblestone Inn, we appreciate your feedback and are happy you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you again very soon!

Cobblestone Inn.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014

As I lay here in my small room (which is totally fine) I'm awakened by what I think is pouring rain. Then I get up (545 am mind you) to see that it's not raining it's the heater in my room.
This comes after my neighbor, who has a small child in her room, had been slamming the doors and laughing and talking loudly into the wee hours of the morning.
Now... Toilet won't flush.

I usually stay at the best western and this is where I'll be going back to.

Sad because the staff was great. I just called the front desk who told me a manager would speak to me before I leave. We shall see.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
ManagerDM, Manager at Cobblestone Inn, responded to this review, April 28, 2014
Dear shoegirl0310,

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review. We very sad to hear you had a negative experience while staying at the Cobblestone Inn. We strive to make all of our customers happy and are sorry that you had issues with a noisy heater and neighbors. We will certainly use your feedback to better our service and facilities in the future.

Cobblestone Inn.
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2014

Absolutely a find! Friendly staff, welcome wine and cheese with other guests at dusk, wonderfully comfortable room with fireplace and generous offerings at the delicious breakfast buffet in a sunny breakfast room overlooking the courtyard garden. Truly a lovely property and highly recommended.

Room Tip: They all looked similar around the courtyard. A chocolate square on the pillow, a glass of sherry b...
Dear YoungCatherine,

Thank you for choosing The Cobblestone Inn. We are happy you enjoyed your stay and appreciate your feedback. We hope to see you again soon!

TURLOCK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

William and his staff are outstanding. Location is wonderful. Breakfast is A plus. Only drawback is parking at times. It is easy to get to all of the touristy places as well as many fine dining establishments.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

ManagerDM, Manager at Cobblestone Inn, responded to this review, May 2, 2014
Dear KEITH H,
Thank you for taking the time to review the Cobblestone Inn. We appreciate your kind words and are very happy you enjoyed your stay and our breakfast. We hope to see you again soon!

Martinez, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

We have been visiting the Carmel area for many years and just love everything about the area particularly the Cobblestone Inn. My wife and I have our special room--it is like having our own place in Carmel. Everyone is friendly yet professional, our room is comfortable and always neat and clean. It is always a pleasure to enter the lobby and have William great us as if we were family. He is one of the reasons we return at least two to three times each year. If you have not been to the Cobblestone Inn yet, you are missing a great place to spend a weekend.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear JFLSMC,

Thank you for visiting The Cobblestone Inn and taking the time to write your review. We are so happy that you enjoy staying with us and can't wait to have you back!

Modesto, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

My husband and I stood here for our one year anniversary trip and got a great deal during their winter special. We loved it, it was very cute and comfortable. The staff was very friendly and always welcoming and great, they made you feel very comfortable, the rooms were very cute and clean. Parking is a bit tough since there are only a handful of spots inside, but there it's plenty of parking along the front side. The complimentary breakfast was delicious! It is very close to the outdoor shopping mall, like a block away, the beach is a bit away, but you get to walk by all of the shops on the way down. We really enjoyed our stay and would definitely stay again and recommend to anyone who asks!

• Stayed December 2013
Dear jo_hernandez1,

Thank you for taking the time to review The Cobblestone Inn. We appreciate your feedback and are happy you enjoyed your stay. Happy anniversary!

Manteca, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

My fiance and I were in town to scout wedding venues. I chose this place because of the reviews and the price. We stayed on a Friday and Saturday night in March.

First some key information that you will want to know: There are 4 parking spaces in the courtyard area of the hotel, including one reserved for handicapped. There is no indication as you drive up that there is any parking on site, so it's easy to miss. All other parking is on the street, and it's free, but you may have to walk a short distance. We found out later that they dont mind if you park in the driveway when you check in.

We arrived at the hotel at about 4:30 pm (check in begins at 3:00 pm). I was initially ignored by the desk staff, then a manager said someone would be right with me. When the clerk finished what she was doing, she began checking me in. She promptly informed me that they haven't checked the room yet and weren't sure if it was ready and asked if I could wait a few minutes. Later, after determining that the room was ready, she started digging through a drawer looking for a key. She sent us on our way with the warning that there was wet paint around our room and to be careful.

We found the room to be a bit on the small side, but it seemed to have what we needed. The bed was uncomfortable. We needed to move chairs to open the windows (which was needed to air out the musty smell). As I looked around, I noticed that the room was in dire need of maintenance. There was a hole in the carpet, chipped paint on the walls and trim, and very poorly done repairs on a cabinet. I understand that this is an older building, and I wasn't expecting brand new sparkling accommodations, but the lack of maintenance made me wonder what else was going on. My question was answered later when the toilet overflowed onto the floor. I called the desk and was informed that there is a plunger under the sink and to call back if that doesn't help. (I should point out that I have teenage boys and I am very familiar with what it takes to clog and unclog a toilet; in this case there is no reason the toilet should have stopped flowing.) Later, when I asked for more towels, the clerk had a very annoyed tone and said she would try to get someone to bring me some towels.

Breakfast was ok.

The exterior of the building was very pretty and the hotel is walking distance to the downtown area, which was very beautiful.

Bottom line, I'll be trying something else next month when we come back.

Dear 60sd,

Thank you for choosing The Cobblestone Inn, we are very sorry to hear you were disappointed with your stay. We appreciate your feedback and will use it improve our service and facilities in the future. Congratulations on your upcoming wedding!

The Cobblestone Inn

Been to Cobblestone Inn? Share your experiences!