I saw Carmel Valley Ranch as I was reading a food blog and promptly fell in love with the place. A short time later I had booked a trip for me and my best friend. We spent 4 nights in early October, when the weather was perfect- apparently, early fall is one of the best times of the year for gorgeous weather in the valley.
Everything was just as I hoped it would be. The room was beautiful- clean, comfortable, simple, elegant design. The bathroom was dreamy with comfy robes, a soaking tub, shower stall and separate room for the toilet. There was PLENTY of closet space for two girls, fireplace, fridge, deck with comfy chairs, free snacks, wonderful artisan bathroom products, etc. I could not have asked for better. Our room was near the lodge, looking out over the pool. At first, I thought it would be too noisy, but it was very peaceful. One night we heard some folks out by the fire pit, but it was not for long, and not TOO noisy. I actually liked being closer to the lodge, it was just a short walk to the restaurant/bar/pool/hot tub, and that was really nice. I did read some reviews that stated the rooms were noisy from the folks next door, but we did not experience that at all. There was even a dog in the room next to us, and we heard him scamper down the hall once the entire time. We did not hear our neighbors talking, did not hear TV's, nothing. It was very quiet.
We took advantage of a Tuesday special spa day- where they serve you a cupcake after your massage, and I believe the individual shower rooms were bigger than my entire bathroom at home. The spa was immaculate, the services wonderful. The Tuesday special was an excellent deal and included lunch and gratuity.
We also enjoyed the bee experience, suiting up in bee keeper outfits and getting an up close look at the hives and learning a LOT about bees from their keeper. Excellent for kids and adults. We enjoyed hiking the trails around the property, seeing many deer and wild turkeys, and taking turns on the tree swings.
The food in the main restaurant was wonderful, as was all of the service we received.
The front desk staff and concierge staff gave us great ideas for things to do in Carmel by the Sea and Carmel Valley Village, and were very helpful.
In short, we had a perfect trip, I expect to return some day. Thanks to everyone at CVR for making our trip so special!!
- Also Known As:
- Carmel Valley Ranch Hotel Carmel
- Carmel Valley Ranch Hotel
- Carmel Valley Hotel
- Carmel Valley Resort
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stunning and relaxing, our elegant Carmel resort is abundant with the natural beauty of Northern California, offering intuitive service and memorable experiences in a striking venue. Savor incomparable comfort, breathtaking vistas, and a delightful array of activities at Carmel Valley Ranch. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Expedia, Tingo, Venere, Priceline, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Otel and Jetsetter so you can book your Carmel Valley Ranch reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.