“Relaxation Paradise” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 21 hotels in Carmel
Westlake Village, California
“Relaxation Paradise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013 via mobile

The Carmel Valley Ranch is a resort that I would describe as comfortably luxurious. The grounds are spectacular. The view from the wrap around porch in our suite was breathtaking. The staff was friendly and welcoming. The food was delicious featuring vegetables and herbs from the organic gardens on the property. After my spa treatments which were followed with the expected water and a tiny cupcake (!) I felt more relaxed than I did in years! My only complaint is that I did not stay longer! You be be assured I will be back to this little bit of heaven in the Carmel Valley.

• Stayed June 2013

600 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (146)
Chaska, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

I was able to spend three nights here for a corporate retreat. Everything about the resort is first class. The grounds are lovely. Go on the huff and puff trail for some exercise and amazing views. The pool area was just perfect and we loved the infinity hot tub At night. There are fire pits and they serve s'mores every night by the first they use real wood on. Dinner at the restaurant was terrific. Service was top notch everywhere you turned. There were kids there but I did not go down to the area where the kids activities were. I would love to go back sometime with my spouse for a getaway.

Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Berkshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

Spent 2 nights here celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary and it was absolutely WOW. We arrived to find a bottle of champagne and chocolate covered strawberries in our huge, comfortable suite where we enjoyed room service on our first evening. Everything about the place was fantastic, suite with amazing views, amenities, staff etc and I only wished we could have stayed longer. Would highly recommend this for sheer decadence and indulgence and would definitely return, if I can brave another 11 hour flight!!

Mountain View, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights during our mini-moon after our wedding and couldn't imagine a better place to unwind and relax.

The place feels sorta like a super fancy summer camp. The main lodge houses the restaurant, a beautiful adult only pool, outdoor fire pits, the spa, gift shop, library, and a mini gym. There's also a separate area down the road called the River Ranch where there's a family pool, bocce courts, and a slew of other activities. Lots of nice walkways and small hikes. We really wanted to do the bee experiences while we were there but then found out they don't offer it daily. That was the only boo part about our stay.

Our suite was amazing and HUGE. Modern yet very cozy. The fireplace in the bedroom was a nice touch. Comfy robes. All the amenities you can think of including free water and snacks! Apples, trail mix, chips! It doesn't cost very much, but its a really nice touch. Our first evening there, we were also delivered a bottle of champagne and chocolate covered strawberries on the house! Loved it.

The Lodge Restaurant was amazing! We had 2 breakfasts and a dinner there all which were phenomenal. During dinner, my New York was just a tad overcooked and of course they offered to change it but I didn't want them to. For that they brought me some dessert wine on the house. Another nice touch. Instead of dessert, we enjoyed their complimentary smores at the outdoor firepits with our night caps. Met a few great couples as well.

The most impressive thing about Carmel Valley Ranch- the people. Every single staff we met was so nice and pleasant. There was always a hello or a smile. Everyone checked in on us but it wasn't overbearing. The perfect amount of interaction you're looking for on vacation.

I can't wait to come back. This time I'll make sure the Bee experience will be available!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

We've been going to the Carmel Valley Ranch every year, courtesy of my wife's employer. We aren't golfers but the course looks challenging as well as being gorgeous...very well kept, million dollar views and the weather is always lovely. We go as part of a managers weekend event. My wife is a manager...I get to be the 'trophy husband'. As a couple, the magic of Carmel Valley Ranch for us is in the quiet walks under the trees, along the myriad trails...the pristine pool sporting impeccable service and 'the room'. The ROOM! Oh my. There are twin fireplaces (I love having a fireplace in the bedroom), a posh sitting room for relaxing or having friends over, the MOST comfortable bed ever and a hillside deck with really excellent furniture and again, views out across the valley...Hey, isn't that Clint Eastwood's house up there? Well, maybe. Be that as it may, this is a place where folks that know about relaxing go to relax. Hey hon, some guy parked his Bentley in my space! Good thing he didn't scratch my Taurus wagon! Hmmm. Wonder if he wants to trade? Well, no matter. If I don't get to drive a car like that at least I can stay in a room as great as his. Works for me. Anyway, go and spend a few days at the Ranch...tell 'em Clint sent you. lol

Room Tip: The higher up on the hillside your room is, the better the view...and since the 'rooms' are...
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

We arrived in the middle of Memorial Weekend and thought that the large amount of children would be a problem. How wrong we were! The children were able to enjoy the amenities in a separate sports area. We were able to sunbathe around a lovely pool next to the main building. There were lovely woodburning fires in the hotel as well as a fire in the bedroom of the cabin. This is just the place to go to get away from it all and recharge batteries. The restaurant was very good and was patronised by lots of locals. The grounds are vast and there are lots of activities to enjoyl

Sussex
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

I have stayed here twice on business, I say 'business' because I find myself having to create reasons to go back to Carmel Valley in order to persuade my employer to justify a return. I tell them its a bunch of cabins in the forest, and they believe me.
This place is just great, simple as that. From the fire pits and tree swings (health and safety dictates that there are no swings over fire pits thankfully), to the superb restaurant, incredible locally sourced wine cellar and first rate sporting facilities.
If I wasn't already married I would honeymoon here. In fact it's good enough to inspire me to commit bigamy.

Room Tip: The cabins higher up the hill get better views.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Been to Carmel Valley Ranch? Share your experiences!