This is a return trip for us. Our first was a romantic couples retreat and the Ranch blew us away. This time we came for spring break with our two kids - 8 and 10.
The Ranch is a dream getaway for families: a separate kids pool and recreation area, a casual store with smoothies, shaved ice and plenty of fruit, basketball courts, grassy lawn for sports, swings on oak trees throughout the resort and nightly s'mores. What more could you ask for!? Well, there are also beautiful hikes and native wildlife (deer, buzzards, hawks, wild turkeys). We missed the bees and the apiary this time but I've heard it's wonderful for kids. Don't forget to say hi to Roxy, the resident pooch.
The staff was warm and accommodating. Meals were delicious. Housekeeping could have been a bit more organized but honestly how upset can you get in a place this laid back?
Come and enjoy the native beauty of California showcased in a luxurious yet casual resort. Feel your blood pressure drop and understand why I love my state!
- Also Known As:
- Carmel Valley Ranch Hotel Carmel
- Carmel Valley Ranch Hotel
- Carmel Valley Hotel
- Carmel Valley Resort
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stunning and relaxing, our elegant Carmel resort is abundant with the natural beauty of Northern California, offering intuitive service and memorable experiences in a striking venue. Savor incomparable comfort, breathtaking vistas, and a delightful array of activities at Carmel Valley Ranch. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Tingo, Venere, Priceline, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Otel and Jetsetter so you can book your Carmel Valley Ranch reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.