“Best Place to stay at Carmel !” 5 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Resort   |   One Old Ranch Road, Carmel, CA 93923   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #2 of 22 Hotels in Carmel
DUBAI
“Best Place to stay at Carmel !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

This hotel is qualified to be one of the best hotels I ever stayed at my whole life.
The reason is the experience of being in a personal ranch with a 5 star service and spa.
If you are couple or a family , this place is highly recommended for a very romantic and relaxing experience.
You will never ever regret staying at this hotel, and as a tip, try the bee experience its really exciting and alot of fun ;)

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (151)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

A great place to have a meeting or just enjoy the country club ambiance. The rooms are very well appointed and the service is excellent without being intrusive. If you are a golfer you will be in heaven!

• Stayed November 2012
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We stayed at CVR in March 2013 for 3 nights and loved our stay. The room was beautiful with a gas fireplace in each room, a huge bathroom and great view of the valley. The staff was helpful and friendly and helped us with dinner reservations and surfing lessons in Carmel. The tennis program was fantastic: we're all tennis players and enjoyed the clinics and especially the instruction from the pro Ricky who is amazing. The pool was OK, nothing special, and the nightly s'mores were a big hit.

The only disappointment was the service in the main restaurant, which was usually slow and somewhat confused. We waited a LONG time for our meal at dinner, and it was often hard flagging down our server. The food, however, was excellent.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the valley
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

An absolute slice of heaven tucked away. Arrived there from route one at night. We were two families. Woke up in the morning to truly savour the landscape. Only to be greeted with frolicking deer outside our bedroom door. the flora in the landscaping is breathtaking My husband and brother in law loved their game of golf. And the kids had a blast in the pool the whole day. S'mores by the fire in the evening were a treat. My only complaint is that the service is painfully slow at breakfast in the morning. And all our food arrived separately. That was a major irritant all the mornings we were there. Staff r super friendly and helpful. A bit too laid back. But then I am from London, UK and used to faster service. Food and dinner time was excellent. Please more food choices will be highly appreciated. Had one of the best Pinot Noir's whilst we were there. We will defo be returning at some point in our lives again.

Room Tip: Every room is amazing with amazing views of the ranch can't go wrong.
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

My wife, son (10yrs old) and I spent 2 nights at CVR. We loved the location, scenary, and laid back pace of Carmel. Bellman will escort you to your rooms using golf carts and you can request rides to/from anywhere in the resort. The resort has a beautiful golf course, spa, and ranch club which has the family pool, fitness center, tennis and basketball courts. We spent the day time at the ranch club as that's where all the family activities were. The main lodge pool is only for adults. We got a double suite room which had a separate living area which was really nice. We ate all of our dinners at the lodge; the food was good and we had no complainsts at all. They were able to prepare made to order pasta for my son which is always nice. I had the filet and my wife had the fish both were excellent but my family thought the filet was the real winner. The next evening I ordered prime rib, my wife had ravioli's, and my son stuck with his pasta. The prime rib was a healthy slice and the ravioli's were just OK. In the evening time, the resort roasts smores at the fire pits around the pool which is really nice. Our family also enjoyed the many game boards they have in the lodge.

CVR is a mix of tourists and club members. The clientele is really a nice mix as everyone is respectful and well mannered.

Just a few areas for improvement. Our room wasn't cleaned very well. The previous guests must have spilled some juice or something because there was a trail of ants (a lot) in the master bedroom. My son and wife can't stand bugs so they were unhappy; my son even said I can't sleep here now. It was a tough start since we just got to the room and a bit of a downer since this is a premium resort. Any rate, I called maintenance and a guy came a sprayed the room. The ants were gone. The only other suggestion I have is for the room rate I think use of tennis courts should be included however they charge an extra $25 hour. The resort also charges a $25/day service fee so you don't have to tip hotel staff except restaurant areas. Some people may not like the automatic service fee but it didn't bother us that much since service was pretty good. I've lived overseas mostly Asia for 23 years and one thing i've learned about service in Asia versus America is in Asia the service comes from the heart while service in America is driven by the wallet. Generally, there is no tipping in Asia yet you get superior service compared to the America. CRV staff are very friendly, no doubt about it, however, an area for improvement is to take it a step further and take the guest service to the next level. Hard to explain but when we stay at 5 star resorts (Four Seasons, Aman, Ritz Carlton, St. Regis, etc.) you really don't need to ask for much as the staff anticipates the guests needs.

I'm sure CRV is one of the best resorts in Carmel and we will go back so don't take my comments wrong; I just want to point out the difference between world class service and good service in my opinion.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

My wife and I went on a west coast vacation and when we stopped in Carmel for three days we stayed at this hotel. The grounds are really nice the rooms are cozy with fireplace and all. The hotel is located in a good place my wife and I really enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed May 2012
Riverbank, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

My family of 4 stayed in Jan of this year. It was our first stay and I can not wait to go back! The grounds are beautiful, the room was modern and relaxing. The pools dreamy, the fire pits fantastic but the best part of our experience was the staff. Everyone we came in contact with was friendly, warm and made you feel comfortable. This is an upper scale establishment, but the staff made you feel like a regular. The s'mores were a huge hit with my family. Who doesn't love to have all the s'mores fixings laid out ready to go. There was a slight chill in the air so the heated pool was great and then to just pop over and sit by a roaring fire was perfect. This is a great place to go to relax as you would never have to leave once there, a great place to gather with friends and sit by he fire and chat and its a great place for the family. I highly recommend you make your way over to CVR!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Been to Carmel Valley Ranch? Share your experiences!