It's amazing the turn around of this place... from the previous owners who built some slick out of place East Coast style resort that simply didn't fit with the valley. JDV has done a phenomenal job. Their pool deck and infinity spa are beautiful, the playful nature of the added elements like the swings are too much fun (you must do it while you are there.. a simple, storied, fun moment). Their gift shop is the best organized and stocked shop I have ever seen. They offer endless activities and options. I am no golfer, but meet at the clubhouse in the morning for the "bee keeping experience" - you get to learn about the lavender honey and bee projects they do on site, as well as dress up in bee keeping outfits and do a couple tastings. It was so much fun.
The rooms are exceptional.. we had a hillside suite that stared out over Carmel Valley. It's the most beautiful place in the world... and we just took it in from our patio, or our huge and exceptionally comfortable bed (one of the best I have ever stayed in), warmed by our huge gas fireplace. It was room 309, and it was a fantastic place. Rates are steep. STEEP.
The breakfasts were outstanding, the dinner was fantastic - the menu is concise, but the options are all delicious. The bartender is a classic - and kept making us some of the best drinks I have ever had - classics for me, fun stuff like pear martinis for wifey. I am looking at some of the drinks we ordered, and sparing you the nasty details, I can safely say we enjoyed ourselves.
It's certainly a place to save up - but it's a true weekend away rather than those sloppy, half-assed "staycations" that just don't re-energize or rejuvenate like they should. I am starting to think you need 3 days, or it's not worth it. So my advice... 3 days, and call me in the morning. =)
- Also Known As:
- Carmel Valley Ranch Hotel Carmel
- Carmel Valley Ranch Hotel
- Carmel Valley Hotel
- Carmel Valley Resort
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stunning and relaxing, our elegant Carmel resort is abundant with the natural beauty of Northern California, offering intuitive service and memorable experiences in a striking venue. Savor incomparable comfort, breathtaking vistas, and a delightful array of activities at Carmel Valley Ranch. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Tingo, Venere, getaroom.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Otel and Jetsetter so you can book your Carmel Valley Ranch reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.