“Best Place to stay in Carmel, Best Price and Location” 5 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN Carmel's Town House Lodge

Save Saved
You added BEST WESTERN Carmel's Town House Lodge to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN Carmel's Town House Lodge
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5th And San Carlos, P.O. Box 3574, Carmel, CA 93921-3574   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Low Rate, Guaranteed
Ranked #15 of 21 hotels in Carmel
Sausalito
“Best Place to stay in Carmel, Best Price and Location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2010

I love this motel. I have stayed here every year for my birthday in March with my husband for the past 7 years. The location is so close to all the shops and restaurants. The rooms are comfy and the owners are very helpful. Best prices and great parking. The beds are very comfortable and you will be very pleased.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple

342 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2010

it is a basic hotel, clean and very well located. Breakfast was included but we used to take it out, at a very good bakery two blocks away. the hotel is located steps from art galleries, restaurants, etc... A cheap hotel in an expensive area.

Stayed January 2010, traveled with family
Carmel, Ca
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2010

On our around-the-globe travel we arrived late in the evening 5 feb. We got a nice room. They had no restaurant but the staff was eager to recommend some places. That evening we had dinner at a very nice restaurant that Clint Eastwood as a former owner(!).

I talked to the staff about my reading-glasses that I had forgotten in a hotelroom in SF. They promised to help me and talk to the hotel in SF. We had to proceed to LA to spend only a few days there before going to Fiji. Three days later the reading-glasses came with FedEx to our LA-hotel! The holiday is saved! :-)

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2010

Though the motel's exterior is nondescript and quaint, the interior is surprisingly modern -- a result of the hotel's December 2008 remodel. Everything is still in great condition and looks new.

My extended family and I got three rooms over the Christmas holiday (we were visiting family in the area). We got one suite and a regular room; the suite had a king bed and a separate area with a pull-out sofa that converts into a full-sized bed. The suite was big enough to accommodate four people and was pretty spacious. There are only two suites in the whole motel; we had Room # 126 but I got to go inside Room # 127 after the guest had checked out and the housekeepers were cleaning it and it was much bigger with a better layout. If you're booking a suite, definitely have them block Room # 127 for you.

We also got a regular room with a king bed (the room was really spacious and had a nice view - ask for Room # 122 that looked out onto 5th Avenue) but my brothers' room (Room # 103 with two double beds) was really small. I got a peek at Room # 102 (has a king bed) and it wasn't nearly as big as our room (# 122) and it didn't have a window either. All the rooms had a mini-fridge which was nice and the beds are very comfortable.

We found great rates on BestWestern.com using our AAA membership discount. The king room was $99/night, the double-double room was $109/night, and the suite was $139/night.

The front desk agent, Sam, was great. He was super helpful, ready to look up information, happy to call establishments on your behalf, give you directions, etc. Anything we needed, he was ready to provide it.

The free wi-fi was convenient; connection was pretty fast. Parking is free in the motel lot but it does tend to fill up at night. If you are unfortunate enough not to find a parking spot when you get back to the hotel in the evening, there is plenty of street parking which is totally safe but you have to move your car off the street by 10 a.m. the next morning or else you'll get issued a ticket. By that time though, most hotel guests have left for the day so there should be plenty of space in the lot.

Probably the best thing about this motel is the location. It's right in the middle of Carmel by the Sea. You have to walk just half a block to find restaurants, shops, art galleries, etc.

It's a great place to stay for families on a budget. The rooms are nice and modern and the front desk service is great. You can't find a better location, and the free internet is a plus. With such a reasonable nightly rate, you'd be hard-pressed to find a better option. I highly recommend this motel on those criteria.

As far as exploring Carmel, I recommend walking to Katy's (a block and a half away) for breakfast -- amazing food though a bit on the pricey side. One of the art galleries I kept coming back to is Simic Galleries. Ryan, one of the art consultants, was so gracious in answering all my questions and indulged me with a viewing. I fell in love with this one painting so he had me sit in a comfortable armchair in a viewing area, hung the painting on the wall opposite the armchair, and adjusted the light in the viewing area for optimum viewing of the painting. Alas, the painting was out of my budget but it was nice to have had the experience of seeing it in its best light, so to speak. I recommend checking them out. Earthbound Farm requires a few minutes' drive but they have amazing produce and products. Try their Maple Almond Granola. I can't get enough of it and buy at least three bags of it when I go there. And of course there's the famous 17-Mile Drive.

All in all, my family and I had an amazing time during our trip to Carmel for Christmas. We were really there to spend Christmas with relatives but we built in a few days for sightseeing. The area is beautiful and there are lots of things to see, so do your research to make sure you are aware of everything the Central Coast has to offer. While you're there, the Best Western Carmel's Town House Lodge is a great homebase for you and your family.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
Itzig
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2010

Nice hotel/motel in Carmel. There are many good restaurants in the area and the beach is very nice. Don't expect to get a lot of service in the hotel. The reception staff didn't seem to be in the mood to work but they did what was necessary. The room was clean and equipped with all the basic things. Breakfast is very simple but it is a nice and free start of the day. Carmel is a fairly expensive place to find a hotel and the townhouse was ok value for money. Parking is also included.

• Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2009

We stayed here four nights in three rooms over the Christmas holidays with extended family. The gentleman at the desk went out of his way to be helpful. The rooms were tastefully redecorated. One of our rooms was really two rooms (one king, two twins), with a door between. It had two baths, two TV's and one exit door. It worked perfectly for 3 adults and one child and was much more reasonable than any options we found at other motels. All our rooms were on the ground floor of the upper level and we had no problem with noise. The location is great for walking to galleries, shops, restaurants and the beach. Big Sur, Monterey and Point Lobos are easy driving distance.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2009

We stayed in one of the four rooms at the back of the hotel (request rooms 328-331...328 is next to the pool so it might not be the room to be in during warmer weather). There were parking spaces allotted to those rooms (covered). The room was nicely decorated. The bathroom was a nice size. Housekeeping does a very good job. We stayed for five nights and rarely heard our neighbor through the adjoining wall. The toilet does make a lot of noise when it is flushed. I actually jumped the first few times I heard it flush.There is a ceiling fan (with 1/2 blades) and a nice size portable fan as well. We used the ethernet cable for internet connection. The man at the front desk was helpful. A very basic continental breakfast is available. The price of the room was very reasonable for Carmel. Just a block away is a great restaurant called Em Le's.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to BEST WESTERN Carmel's Town House Lodge? Share your experiences!