“Budget friendly, pet friendly, somewhat dated hotel” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Breakfast/Cocktails!
Ranked #12 of 22 Hotels in Carmel
Los Angeles, California
“Budget friendly, pet friendly, somewhat dated hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2012

Tucked away behind a Chervon gas station off Rio Road in Carmel, the Carmel Mission Inn is a quiet and economical choice just 2 miles away from downtown area. Number one reason for picking this hotel is the pet-friendly policy, $35 one-time fee for small pets. The nightly rate of $100 didn't hurt either.

The room we stayed in is on the first level, you can tell it was used a lot because there are visible scratches on the wall, furniture, and carpet. The hotel itself is dated but the decor is new. The bathroom is SMALL but clean. Not much thrill otherwise. We spent most of time in downtown and didn't use hotel's other amenities like the pool/hot tub, bar, or restaurant.

The hotel staff was friendly and helpful when we checked in. Other guests at the hotel pretty much kept to themselves. Since we stayed on the first floor, we heard other pets throughout the weekend.

I would recommend the hotel if you're looking for a cheap place to SLEEP for a short period of time.

Room Tip: Unless you're traveling with pets, don't choose the first floor rooms. I found stains on the...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
guestservicecarmel, Guest Relations Manager at Carmel Mission Inn, responded to this review, March 1, 2012
Thank you for your review of our Carmel CA hotel. We strive to provide an outstanding value in our area and we are pleased that you found our staff friendly. We appreciate your business and hope to serve you again. Please contact the hotel directly for the best rates, packages and service.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (183)
San Jose, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2012

Very large and clean room right near the pool. I was able to do laps and hot tub while my dog napped in our room. The Room itself had granite in the bath, a nice eating area, a bay window, 2 large queen beds for me and my human friend. This is a great location as well. Theres a lovely neighborhood to walk in and you feel like you love in Carmel. Awesome. The Breakfast was wonderful. The special was $7.00 for two people. YES! Eggs, Bacon Sausage, Home fied potatoes with onions & bell peppers, Oatmeal, Granolas, Fresh Fruit, and home baked goods. I was shocked. And the service was so great too. I felt like I was back, way back in time. I love this place!

Room Tip: I have a dog so I cant recommend specific rooms. I was accross from the pool and it was really nice...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
guestservicecarmel, Guest Relations Manager at Carmel Mission Inn, responded to this review, February 16, 2012
Thank for your review of our Carmel CA hotel. Our staff works hard to provide a clean, comfortable and memorable stay. Sounds like you truly enjoyed our best value, bed and breakfast package available only on our website or by calling the hotel direct. We appreciate your business and hope we may have the opportunity to serve you again. Remenber pets welcome.
Sonoma County, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2012

This hotel is not in the downtown, tourist section of Carmel, but it was just a few minutes away by car. The hotel was a great price so we were pleasantly suprised that it was beautifully remodeled and had such great service. This is an older property and the rooms are small, but clean and very pleasant inside. The service overall was outstanding! The food was really good at their restaurant and I highly recommend the breakfast. You are walking distance to a shopping center that had several nice restaurants too if you wish to go somewhere else for dinner. I would definitely stay here again and I'm fairly picky!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Carmel CA hotels can be a bit pricy and our goal is to provide an outstanding value. Many people love our renovated rooms and we are pleased you appreciated our efforts. Thanks for mentioning the service and your thoughts will be shared with our team. We hope to see you again and we appreciate your business. Please remember to contact the hotel direct or visit our website for the best deals.
NY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2012

Stayed here for a couple of days and the price was good (about $100 a night). I think it has been recently renovated and the king bed room was quite nice (I will post pictures). The room was clean. The bathroom was clean. There was a safe, a small refrigerator, a flat screen TV with most likely non-digital picture, coffee maker and coffee/tea and an a radio/alarm iPhone dock. This inn (motel) is located maybe a 10 minute drive from Carmel village, next to a couple of shopping centers and a gas station. Hence the decent price. I do not think you will get views from here, but maybe there is a view from the 3rd floor. Brief interaction with staff was without problems. Check in check out was quick and parking is free. There was free wi-fi, but at times it said that too many guests were logged in, so you could not log in and had to wait and try again.
There is a pool and a jacuzzi that I did not use, but they seemed to be in good shape and people were using them (late January).
I would recommend this place if you are looking for a lower price place to stay in the area. You have easy car access from there to anywhere in the area. But keep in mind you will not be in town or close to town. Also, the inn's website smartly avoids any pictures of the premises and has a deceiving nature image and no picture that shows nearby shopping center and/or gas station.

Room Tip: upper floor and ask for view, if there is view from any room
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for the review of our Carmel CA hotel. I'm glad you noted our renovated rooms which many feel are quite nice. We have a convenient location with many shops and restaurants within walking distance. The village of Carmel by the Sea is a little over a mile from our hotel. We appreciate your business and hope you will visit us again. Please remember to contact us directly for the best rates, packages and service.
Lexington, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2012

Great place for couples to get away! Excellent accommodations with friendly and helpful staff. Enjoyed the retro decor and comfortable feel to the room. Awesome time sitting around the outside fireplace with a glass of wine while having a great conversation. Looking forward to our next stay! Thanks Carmel Mission Inn.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
I wanted to thank you for your comments about our Carmel CA hotel and in particular for recognizing our wonderful staff. We are very proud of them. We have many fine amenities, a convenient location and a strong desire to provide an outstanding value. We appreciate your business and hope to see you again. Please remember to contact us direct or visit our website for the best rates, packages and service.
Oakland, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2012

The front desk staff is so friendly and treat you like you're important, love that. The hotel had several fireplaces, a great pool area and a nice bar/restaurant. Also gorgeous landscaping-a little oasis. The rooms were really nice and clean. I thought the bright colors might bother me a bit, I wouldn't have them in my house, but it was sort of fun than the boring pastels or masculine colors hotels usually have. Free parking and right between the town, Point Lobos and the mission. Would absolutely stay here again.

Room Tip: I would suggest not booking on the first floor, because doors open up right to the grounds (although...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Port Angeles, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2012

The location, the accommodations and the food were just what we were hoping for. I was especially impressed with the quality & presentation of the meals. The staff were helpful and friendly. The only thing that was missing was a guest laundry facility. I will vacation at this hotel again.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to comment about our Carmel CA hotel. Your kind words complimenting our helpful, friendly staff will be shared with them. I'm glad you enjoyed the efforts of our restaurant staff and I hope you took advantage of our bed and breakfast package. We appreciate your business and hope to see you again. Remember to contact us direct or visit our website for the best deals.

Been to Carmel Mission Inn? Share your experiences!