“Lovely inn with outstanding customer service” 4 of 5 stars

Sea View Inn
El Camino Real btwn 11th & 12th, Carmel, CA 93921   |
Ranked #10 of 28 Carmel B&B and Inns
Providence RI
“Lovely inn with outstanding customer service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

I stayed here with my hunny for four nights a few weeks ago. We couldn't have been happier with our stay :)

Why we loved the Sea View Inn:

- The inn is ideally located near the beach and yet was still walking distance to town.
- The rooms are charming and very comfortable.
- The bathroom on the top floor has an amazing shower.
- The whole place is spotless, which scores big points for a neat freak like me.
- Breakfast is served every morning and there was complimentary wine and cheese at night.

Most importantly, the staff were so welcoming. For example: We arrived late (past 10PM) and Mary had left us a little note with everything we needed to know to get settled in. When we arrived the next evening from a long hike she made us feel right at home by making us a plate of cheeses and pouring us some wine to help us unwind by the fireplace.We also met Tracy, who I think is the owner (I think it is a family business). She was wonderful and gave us great tips on things to see and do in the area. These people care a lot about their guests and it shows.

I would recommend the Sea View to anyone looking for a reasonably priced Carmel getaway that delivers on charm and relaxation. Enjoy!

Room Tip: The rooms on the top floor are less expensive (possibly because they are on the smaller side) but th...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed in this gorgeous, warm, quiet and cheery B&B on a trip we took up the Pacific Coast Highway about a month ago. We were both just blown away. Everything, every detail, from the lovely women who meet you when you arrive to the generous breakfast offerings to the thoughtful wine and cheese hour, the plentiful and wonderful advice we got from the woman who checked us in (I feel awful because I forget her name) - and holy cow, the room itself! It was so gorgeous, so sun-drenched (which is a huge deal to me). Yet also, it had great shutters that expertly kept the light out when you wanted to sleep, and managed an effortless elegance that made you feel at home, if your home was the most thoughtfully- and opulently-appointed home ever. And the bed! What is that mattress? Insanely comfortable.

Best of all, we felt that Tracy and the other people working at the B&B were actually invested in getting to know us as people. They genuinely cared to hear about our lives, our trip, our experiences in Carmel. We had smart, interesting conversations about Thoreau and city vs. country living (we're from a city) that were more like what I'd share with a good friend than someone I'll see only once (though now we're of course trying to figure out when we can come back)! That said, I felt that, if we just wanted to talk about the weather and how the ocean was looking, or even to not talk at all, that would have been totally okay as well.

Basically what I'm saying is, look no further - Sea View Inn is where you want to be, if you're anything like me. It's just the best. And writing about it right now makes me want to transport myself back there immediately. Time to check availability...

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

Such a lovely property - great hosts, really helpful staff, beautiful rooms with varied pricing, wine and cheese in the afternoons after which you can laze on the porch watching the sun go down, a lovely traditional B&B, you just can't help relax!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed for two days and I would definitely return and recommend this place to friends. The owner and employees and very friendly and helpful, the room was cute, clean and comfortable with nice bedding, it's a lovely residential area just a very short walk from the beach and a 10 min walk or short drive into town. Plenty of places to relax on the property, good breakfast and honestly I have nothing negative to say! Carmel is a jewel of a town and this felt like the perfect place to stay in a moderate price range.

Room Tip: we had room 6 with a king sized bed and there was a single bed as well which would have been good if...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Hayden, Idaho
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

We were pleasantly surprised to find the Sea View Inn a perfect place to stay while in Carmel. It is tastefully decorated and within walking distance to the beach and to the Pebble Beach Golf Course. The only reason I gave it four out of five stars is because the breakfast is served so very late (9:00 AM). Perhaps most people are more relaxed while in Carmel, but my husband and I are early risers. It would have been nice to have an 8:00 seating as well.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Bristol, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

We stayed in Room 9 on the 1st floor (or 2nd as americans call it!).
The room was clean, good size double bed, with en suite bathroom. At night you can hear the waves from the nearby seafront.
Wifi is available and works well. Breakfast is plentful including various teas, coffee, granola, fresh fruit, cakes/muffins etc... The staff are all friendly and welcoming. In the aftrenoon they lay on biscuits and tea and then from about 17.00 there is a good selection of cheese and wine available.

It's a 10/15 min walk into Carmel centre but it's a lovely walk going past all the amazing houses in the neighbourhood. Makesure you take a torch if heading out for the evening as there are no street lights and it does get very dark, all part of the charm of Carmel.

Carmel is a beautiful place to stay to enjoy the seaside and the town and you won't go far wrong if you stay at The Sea View Inn!!

Special thanks to Mary for the soft boiled eggs cooked to order for breakfast!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

Clean, spacious, large bathroom. We spend one night here. Just a few blocks from the beach, gorgeous sunset. A bit of a hike to the town when walking, and it gets very very dark at night.
When we arrived at check in, we rcvd a glad of wine, and a cheese platter, Brenda is a doll.
Make sure you wake up in time for the awesome breaskfast, my boyfriend ate just about everything there was. Fresh fruit, bagels, toast, eggs how you like, tea, coffee, fresh juice.
Can't wait to stay again!

Free Wifi!!

Room Tip: try to avoid the rooms on the 3rd floor, ceiling is slanted
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Sea View Inn? Share your experiences!