“My dog loved it here!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 29 Carmel B&B and Inns
Daly City, California
“My dog loved it here!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

We stayed at this wonderful inn for three nights and truly enjoyed ourselves. We stayed in the Treehouse Room. It had a balcony that overlooked a tree. The room was spacious, well appointed, with mini refrigerator. A great buffet breakfast was provided (make sure to try the almond pastries) and snacks in the afternoon. But the biggest plus for me was how hospitable they were regarding my Yorkie. There were the treats, area specified for doing his business (doggie bags provided) and he was allowed in the breakfast room. I have stayed in other hotels closer to downtown, but found the Carmel Country Inn staff much more personable. I will definitely be returning (with my Yorkie in tow) to the Carmel Country Inn!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
CarmelInnkeeper, Manager at Carmel Country Inn, responded to this review, May 5, 2014
Thank you to Prince's people for including him on the trip and we are so glad to hear how much fun he had at Carmel Country Inn. We love our pet guests and try to provide everything they need as well as everything their people need, and believe me when I say, the Almond Crossiants are a Must Have on the list of needs. We hope to see all of you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Delray Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2014

My wife and I came here March 14th for the weekend on our honeymoon. We stayed in the Treetop room with a balcony looking out over a beautiful tree. The room was very nice and spacious with a large very well done bathroom. Separate shower and bathtub helped give even more space. The breakfast every morning was a nice mix of yogurt, oatmeal, fresh pastries, quiche, fruits, etc.. The best part of the experience was the service, which from every person we met was simply outstanding!! If you are coming thru Carmel and need a place to stay, this Inn should be at the top of your list.

Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014

We stayed at this lovely B&B in March 2014 for 2 nights and had a very enjoyable visit. The staff are super friendly and accommodating. There is a common room in the main building where they serve breakfast (and treats throughout the whole day at no extra charge) and we had breakfast both mornings we stayed, the home made almond croissants are to die for 'yum'. We are from Australia so staying Carmel Country Inn was a real treat for us being dog lovers we were amazed at how welcome dogs are at this B&B. Apparently most of Carmel's B&Bs are dog friendly very difficult to find in Australia.

The accommodation is clean and roomy and the beds are very comfortable. We had a 1 bedroom unit with a fireplace. The B&B is situated at a bottom of a hill so it's an up the hill walk to get to the downtown area which is only 5-10min stroll away.....If you have mobility issues, take the car!

No need to look at any other place in Carmel - if we visit again we'll definitely stay at Carmel Country Inn again.

Walnut Creek, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014 via mobile

Carmel Country Inn is the quintessential seaside inn. It's the place you stayed at with your parents growing up.

The inn is located just steps from Carmel's restaurant and shopping center and the beach. Perfect location.

Carmel and the Carmel Country Inn are easily the most dog friendly places I've ever been.

The staff at the Inn were sweet and professional. The office was stocked with fresh baked cookies and lemonade. The Inn staff encouraged me to take some cookies back to my room to enjoy. The inn-keeper said she would just, bake more!

We had wine and a cheese plate waiting for us when we checked in. I forget the cost, but it was reasonable. In fact, over our weekend we ordered two more bottles.

We stayed in room #12. It was comfy and sweetly appointed. The bathroom was nice and I really enjoyed the whirlpool tub. I should mention that I also really liked the soap/shampoo/lotion selection in the bathroom. Good quality stuff and smelled great. Another great aspect to the room was the Dutch door. Perfect choice and completely fitting.

My sole complaint about Carmel Country Inn is that I had to leave. But I'll be back, and I encourage you to visit soon, too.

• Stayed March 2014
Folsom, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2014

As far as B&B's go in the Carmel area, this one is about 5 blocks from the heart of the business district and a little further from the beach. Having said that it is very quiet and a little exercise was good. The accommodations were excellent and the staff very helpful. I would return in the future.

Room Tip: All are great; two couples or family fit nicely in 2br units; and one couple fits in all the rest.
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014

I have stayed at this Inn many times and always enjoy the visit. This time the staff helped my boyfriend order flowers for me for Valentine's Day so they were right at our door that morning! The breakfast is great and the staff is always so helpful with advice on restaurants and things to do. Really enjoyed the large bathtub in our room this time and the wonderful fireplace. Absolutely recommend this as a great place to stay while in Carmel!

Room Tip: Love the two bedroom suites when traveling with a group but this time had the King Studio which was...
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

This property was great. Fantastic location, super cute, great room. Amazing breakfast. Very friendly people. Champagne that I pre-ordered was Chandon and I was only charged $25. Overall absolutely fantastic time. The only one slight thing that I would mention is the the quilt bedding smelled a little musty. But that didn't really bother us! Everything else more than made up for it!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Carmel Country Inn? Share your experiences!