“Very nice but not really a B&B” 3 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
3rd Night Free Midweek
Ranked #4 of 29 Carmel B&B and Inns
Monroe, Maine
“Very nice but not really a B&B”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

This is a fine motel - the rooms are excellent, the location great, the people at the desk welcoming. But we had expected it to be a Bed & Breakfast of the sort we have grown used to. It is not. It is a nice motel. The breakfast is served in a common room, mostly cold things - fruits and juice and rolls and cold cereal (the oatmeal was not good - and I warn you off the "quiche") - coffee and tea from big thermos containers... We might I suppose stay here again, but we would look for a real B&B first.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
San Jose, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

We were so, SO happy to stay here. Sometimes places that are dog friendly aren't all that people friendly (kind of less clean or something). NOT SO THIS PLACE!! Uber clean. Really, really friendly inn keepers, really lovely breakfasts. We stayed in Room #2 and the soaking tub in it is PERFECTION. The bed was really comfy, the linens were very nice and the room itself is well appointed.

I want to say this also. When we first got there I was a little disappointed at the fact that it wasn't RIGHT in the Ocean Avenue area. But I have to say not only was it NOT an issue at all, it was actually really nice. When we would come back from the beach or shopping, it was like a little oasis.

This is our new favorite place in Carmel.

Room Tip: I didn't see any other rooms. Room #2 has an incredible tub.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Victoria, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013 via mobile

Everything was terrific, clean and comfortable except for the terrible sound proofing between 11&12. We'd certainly return but to a different room. Staff and breakfast were great and we were walking distance to town and beach and fireplace was a bonus.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Sioux Falls, South Dakota, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

I just returned from a 3 day stay at the Carmel Country Inn. The staff and facility was perfect for our needs. We were visiting the city for the first time for an event known as Poodle Day in Carmel. We stayed in a 2 bedroom suite with one bath. There were three of us(my husband and I as well as my mother) and two standard poodles. We were greeted graciously by the staff (including the dogs) and shown to our suite. The room was clean, beds were comfortable (including the pillows) and everything was perfect for our stay. The room we stayed in looked a littler older than the photos on the website but it was clean and perfectly acceptable. The walk to the beach was farther than I anticipated..it took about 10 minutes to get to the heart of downtown and about 20 to get to the beach. The internet was included and very fast. Everything we needed to feel comfortable and rested for our event was present. The breakfast was plentiful and fresh. Snacks were available all day I believe..cookies, trail mix and lemonade were in the office each time we visited. The staff is very knowledgable about the surrounding areas and educated us on where to go and what to see. They were also very friendly and met our request promptly. I would stay here again without question. Hope to attend this same event next year and will stay at this INN. Very pet friendly, very quaint, very homey and friendly.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

This was our third stay, and it was as perfect as the first two.
Consistency IS everything, and the employees' high standards insure that nothing goes awry.
From the welcoming hellos to the sincere farewells, they make you feel as though you belong in your home away from home.

Centrally located, just blocks away from Ocean Avenue, Carmel Country Inn provides a secluded, comforting shelter from the faster paced 'downtown area'.

If there were any problems or deficiencies, we would tell you.
There were none.

ENJOY.

Room Tip: In so far as we can tell, all the rooms are good rooms...from the highest elevation to the ground fl...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Chattanooga, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013 via mobile

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Carmel Country Inn. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. We loved that we were a very short walk (5 minutes) into town. Great location! Our room was super cozy and clean. The gas fireplace was perfect, particularly since temps dipped into the low 50s at night. We definitely would stay here again!

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

I have always made a point to experience new locations as well as where I make my home on certain travel weekends. I've been the Monterey/Carmel area several times over the past year or so and have stayed in multiple locations with many amenities. This past trip had me reflecting on all of the above and for the first time I chose to go back to a previous Inn that I had at Prior. The experience the 2nd time around was better than even the first. This is rare in life in general, but true in the delivery of a consistent, predictable domicile for the weekend. It was so easy to smile when entering the room and was just as friendly and down to earth talking to the staff. Did I mention they have damn good coffee and fresh warm cookies!!!! I'll be back yet again. Why try and reinvent the wheel!

Room Tip: I've stayed on both the lower and upper levels. Both charming and convenient.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Been to Carmel Country Inn? Share your experiences!