“Boomerang” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 29 Carmel B&B and Inns
Los Angeles, California
“Boomerang”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

I have always made a point to experience new locations as well as where I make my home on certain travel weekends. I've been the Monterey/Carmel area several times over the past year or so and have stayed in multiple locations with many amenities. This past trip had me reflecting on all of the above and for the first time I chose to go back to a previous Inn that I had at Prior. The experience the 2nd time around was better than even the first. This is rare in life in general, but true in the delivery of a consistent, predictable domicile for the weekend. It was so easy to smile when entering the room and was just as friendly and down to earth talking to the staff. Did I mention they have damn good coffee and fresh warm cookies!!!! I'll be back yet again. Why try and reinvent the wheel!

Room Tip: I've stayed on both the lower and upper levels. Both charming and convenient.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Auckland, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

Had an amazing time at Carmel Country Inn. Everyone was super nice. It was the best free breakfast I ever had. I wish I could of stayed longer! I highly recommend getting the massage and wine and cheese extras :)

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Newburgh, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

First of all- the people here (and everywhere in Carmel) are SO friendly and helpful. This was a perfect place to stay; breakfasts were SO good with so much to pick from and included in your stay. Our room was very nice and large with fireplace. The price point was very reasonable for Carmel. We walked everywhere because we were so close to everywhere- shopping, restaurants, and the ocean. Can't wait to go back and will definitely stay here again...Oh- and they are very pet friendly- EVERYONE there had a dog with them except us!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Derby, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

Comfortable pleasant room but not quite as beautiful as photographs. Good location in Carmel itself and overall an enjoyable stay. Lovely food for breakfast and enjoyed company but need more space in breakfast room for peak times.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

We stayed here for two nights at the end of our Californian holiday and had an enjoyable time. The inn was clean and well maintained and staff were very friendly and accommodating. Carmel is a wonderful town and we had a lovely time walking around the quaint shops and beach area. The only thing that was slightly disappointing about the inn was the room. I booked one of the tree house rooms and when we first were shown it I almost said that we were in the wrong room as it did not look like the photo on the website! When I checked the website the photo was indeed of our room but the angle it had been taken at made the room look larger than it was. The balcony was uninspiring with not a particularly pleasant view, the website made it sound more romantic than it was in reality. The breakfast was lovely and very tasty. We did enjoy ourselves but unfortunately were left feeling slightly underwhelmed by the experience.

• Stayed June 2013
Visalia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

We stayed in #5...it was a great clean room with a fireplace and jacuzzi tub. We were able to walk to town and believe me walking is better than trying to find parking there. The breakfast was great! The service was wonderful. We would stay there again. Only con is people don't seem to realize its a small property so quiet courtesy would have been nice. Some guest were having full loud conversation everyone could hear. Then they would yell across the court to call their family members. Some people are so dumb!!

• Stayed July 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

The Carmel Country Inn is ideally located just blocks from Carmel's main street, Ocean Avenue. My husband and I recently stayed there for six nights in the "Treetop" room. It had a king bed, a fireplace and a jacuzzi, along with a refrigerator. It was so quiet and the bed was quite comfortable. The breakfast choices included miniature quiches and to-die-for breakfast rolls. The staff is friendly and very informative of where to go and what to see, etc. We would definitely return and hated to leave!

Room Tip: Be sure you can manage stairs if you choose the "Treetop" or "Treehouse" rooms.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Carmel Country Inn? Share your experiences!