“Great pastries” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 151 Restaurants in Carmel
Cuisines: Bakery, European, French
Good for: Romance, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Dessert
Description: A relaxing and comforting venue modeled after a European chateau where tables are thoughtfully spaced and fresh flowers, fireplace, candles and soothing musical notes are integral part of the dining experience. The ambience sets the tone for French country food served with a great deal of care for detail, and pastries baked daily on premises.
San Francisco, California
“Great pastries”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

We've been there every time we are in the area. The pastries are as close to the ones in Europe as you can get. I don't like to eat in the restaurant. I find it a bit stuffy. I always buy the pastries to go. Then I buy my coffee at Carmel Coffee and Cocoa Bar which is around the corner and in the Carmel Plaza. Then I can have my coffee and pastries outside in the plaza.

Visited February 2014

Paris
“Lovely ambience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

We had never been to Carmel before and while strolling around, we saw this restaurant. After checking out the menu, we booked a table for that evening. We were not disappointed! Linens and candlelight...lovely service. I had Coquilles St. Jacques filled with huge scallops and shrimp. My husband had grilled shrimp and pasta which he enjoyed. The owner personally came by each table to chat...it has been a restaurant for years and is still popular so they are definitely doing something correct. We totally enjoyed our evening there. Thanks!

Los Angeles, California
“Food average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2014 via mobile

The location, service and overall setup of the restaurant was really good. Wine list was also good, but the food was just average. Menu had very little choices. Given all the choices in carmel, I would not go back.

Los Gatos
“Carmel Desserts”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2014

Patisserie Boissiere has excellent desserts and you can't miss them as you walk through the front door. I had a cup of soup, hot tea and a slice of chocolate cake that was so good. The menu consists of full meals, but this was just a snack.

Carmel, California
“Carmel's Secret”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

The Patisserie, as we locals call it, has the best combination of good food, excellent service and casually elegant ambience. Whether dressed in jeans or smart attire, you are always treated with respect. White table cloths, fresh flowers and gentle candlelight contribute to a quiet atmosphere where conversations can be heard and enjoyed. I recommend it without reservation.

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Magdy I, Owner at Patisserie Boissiere, responded to this review, March 7, 2014
Hello Cindy,

Thank you very much for sharing your thoughts.

Magdy