“Recommended to us by a local!!” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Continental
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch
Carpinteria, California
“Recommended to us by a local!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

Yes, there was a short wait to be seated at the Little Swiss Cafe, but it was worth the wait. The service, cleanliness, decor and food were all excellent. I'm so glad that we made the stop here for breakfast. The Little Swiss Cafe is a delicious place to eat!

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

83% Recommend
Ashburn, Virginia
“The Waffles are to Die For”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

We were either going to Friar Tuck's or Em Le's or Katy's Place for our last meal at Carmel but then I decided to take the scenic route and we stumbled on Little Swiss Cafe. The wife reminded me that we had tried this place about 10 years back and she remembered it as being quite good, so we carted the kid in. First the place is small but cosy and the wait staff very friendly and efficient. The kid and I had waffles, eggs and sausages, and hash brown, the wife had French Toast and a side of fried potatoes and I decided to splurge by ordering real maple syrup. We did not wait long and I can tell you that the waffles are glorious, and the French Toast is no pushover either. I can't quite figure out how they make the waffles so super crispy without burning it, and still maintain that "fullness of taste" but I can tell you this: were this not our last day I would have eaten every breakfast here. The real maple syrup was worth every penny, served warm -- smooth and rich without being too sweet -- to make the waffles heavenly. I wanted to order another almost immediately but the wife pointed out that my gut was not doing me any favors in my old age and we had a long drive to San Francisco. So my craving for Little Swiss Cafe waffles will have to wait for at least until Summer.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Incline Village, Nevada
“Best eggs Benedict”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

I have been eating there for over 30 years and again I was marveled at their perfect eggs Benedict.
Since the original owners son took over the food stayed fantastic. The only thing that has changed is that it feels even more friendly and charming.
You won't be disappointed

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Delray Beach, Florida
“Delightful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

A charming and quaint place. The food was good and the service even better. The prices were very reasonable, especially considering it is directly in town Carmel.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Carmel, California
“I am a regular....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

I love this breakfast place, live in town and its a local favorite....charming and rustic but outstanding food and great service...