“Garden View through double glass doors!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Forest Lodge

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Carmel
Forest Lodge
You added Forest Lodge to your Saves list
Corner of Ocean Ave & Junipero, Carmel, CA 93921   |
Special Offer
Complimentary bottle of wine
Sacramento, California
“Garden View through double glass doors!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2012

We wanted to visit Carmel early for the Memorial Day weekend and we were very fortunate to find a very nice suite "The Dali" at Forest Lodge (a Lamplighter property). The reservationist Gabrielle was more than helpful with our reservation and greeted us with a warm and welcome smile when we arrived. She also provided us with a great place for dinner (Vesuvio...Italian excellent) and suggested several shops to visit. The suite has an oversized fireplace, wood floors and a sofa so comfy we both took a nap on when we arrived.

Room Tip: I think any of the rooms in on this property is a winner.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2012

We initially booked a stay at Lamp Lighter but were upgraded for our anniversary to Forest Lodge with a larger and more private room. The room was very nice and well appointed and we enjoyed the fireplace. The bathroom was large and there was another twin bed off to a side in case it is needed. Breakfast was delivered in the morning and was much better tasting for a continental breakfast than I've had at other places. We really enjoyed our stay and that staff was great.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2012

My family( which consists of my husband, myself and our 14y/o Golden Retriever) stayed at this cute property during a business trip/mini getaway late march. We had the Garret loft which we absolutely loved. The room was charming and quite big. It was tastefully decorated and new remodeled in a shabby chic/french country style. The beautiful bathroom was huge with a nice big soaking tub. The king bed was comfy! It is in a great location at the beginning of town... A bit of a walk to the beach (we drove, but only because our senior dog needed to conserve energy for ball chasing at the beach)!!!! The owners were lovely people and even gave our dog a toy as a souvenir :) ! We will definitely return and tell our friends!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Danville, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2012

My husband and I took my mother to Carmel and we absolutely loved this lodge. The location was wonderful, everyone was really nice when we grabbed breakfast at the Lamplighter and we were able to take advantage of the generous offer to go whale watching since we stayed for three nights. The room was very clean and lovely. The owners provided Sherry, fresh water and extra pillows. The bathroom is very large and wonderful. This is the perfect room to stay in for 3-4 people because there is complete privacy between the room and living room with the pullout sofa. There are also separate doors from each room into the bathroom, which is great!

The only complaints that we would have is that the beds are a bit uncomfortable... We woke up sore but the best thing about Carmel is that you can walk it off before having a fantastic dinner.

Room Tip: There is noise upstairs from the fan and people walking around so it may be difficult to sleep somet...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2012 via mobile

Just awesome. Beautiful rooms and comfy beds. I've stayed in 5 star resorts not as much fun as this one.

• Stayed March 2012
Long Beach, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2012

We stayed at the Forest lodge which is a few blocks from Lamp Lighter but run by the same people. The room we stayed in was clean except for when we opened the drawers of the side table. There were a whole bunch of crumbled up paper in them that was left behind from previous guests. Also the single bed had sheets with some type of black stains on it. We stayed there in February and the room was cold at night and the heater did not help at all. The breakfast was nothing to get excited about. The coffee was probably the worst I've ever had and the breakfast did not have many options to choose from and thats why we didn't even bother eating there the next day. On the plus side, the staff were very friendly and the atmosphere of the Inn is wonderful. The Garrett room where we stayed at is very charming and I loved the decor, i just wish it had more storage and closet space. Also the little room that has the single bed in it gets very cold at night. My daughter ended up sleeping in our bed because she was just too cold.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Palo Alto, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2012

I had a really unpleasant experience when I called today to inquire about vacancy at Forest Ledge. Without explanation I was told they only have rooms at Lamp Lighter. I thought I have dialed the wrong number. But that is ok, frankly, because I later on figured out that the 2 B&B must be owned/managed by the same company. But what is NOT ok is the really unfriendly attitude and tone of the lady I spoke to on the phone. She has a bit of an accent, was abrupt, impatient at my questions, put me on hold every few minutes, coughing on and off and clearly does not want to waste time with me. I guess their business is too good that they really don't care about loosing one? I finally gave up after about 10 mins into the conversation and told her that I find it difficult to talk to her and that she is very unfriendly and I will not book with them. Both Lamp Lighter and Forest Lodge are rated highly on this site but I am very disappointed at their attitude. They said on their website that "We are dedicated to providing personal guest services - including reservations. " So I have to call to make reservation but this is what I get????

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family

Been to Forest Lodge? Share your experiences!