“Excellent choice for a family dinner” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Flaherty's Seafood Grill & Oyster Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #47 of 150 Restaurants in Carmel
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Entertaining clients, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dessert, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: At Flaherty's...Fish is Everything! We know good seafood, we know how to buy it and we know how to prepare it. Unlike most restaurants (even the best of them) where fish is often a secondary item on the menu...at Flaherty's it's all about seafood. Here, you will experience a small town, comfortable, family atmosphere, where quality ingredients and quality preparation come together with quality service. We also include gluten free items in our menu to provide all of our customers with the best service possible. It's who we are...come and experience seafood like it was meant to be.
Los Angeles, California
“Excellent choice for a family dinner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

Small, lively restaurant in the heart of Carmel. Interesting menu with a lot of options, sure to please almost anyone. Scampi with risotto was amazing, the calamari steak was very good, the scallops with white beans was an unexpected (but delicious) combination. Wine prices reasonable, atmosphere pleasant and lively, service was very good. Will definitely return

Visited October 2013
restauranteurCarmel, Owner at Flaherty's Seafood Grill & Oyster Bar, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
I'm happy to hear you thought the scampi with risotto was amazing! It's our goal to create delicious dishes composed with unique and surprising combinations of ingredients. Looking forward to your next meal with us!

Salinas, California
“Very enjoyable”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

My sister and I came in for lunch and ended up having a couple appetizers to start off with. My entree consisted of the Po'Boy Shrimp sandwich and my sister had the Tuna Melt with the lobster bisque which is to die for. I had to grab a couple bites of that too. Was told by the server it has been award winning. We wanted to go for a dessert but since we were so full with all that food we opted to come back and enjoy one next time.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
restauranteurCarmel, Owner at Flaherty's Seafood Grill & Oyster Bar, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
Thanks for having lunch with us the other day! I'm happy to know you and your sister had a fantastic experience. We put a lot of love into our cooking, using the freshest seafood available. Hope you get a chance to try our desserts sometime soon!

Raleigh, NC
“Great spot for lunch or dinner when checking out downtown carmel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

Once again I had a restaurant.com coupon so we hit this place for dinner, we got lucky and just beat the crowd and it was a Wed. night, so I would recommend a reservation. The oyster bar is beside the actual restaurant and is a little lower key. Right in the middle of town and parking was not too hard to find nearby. The selection of oysters was pretty amazing. We sat at the bar and the service was prompt and courteous. For Carmel, prices were reasonable even without the coupon. We liked just driving around the ocean front street in Carmel before dinner and watching the sunset and checking out all the unique houses. Probably one of the more aesthetically pleasing coastal towns I have seen on the west coast. Wish I would have eaten here more than once.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Thanks so much for recommending us! We take pride in our fresh, high quality oysters. The next time you're in Carmel, be sure to visit!

Memphis, Tennessee, United States
“Crowded but so good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

Walking around the streets of Carmel we came across this place, it was crowded but we were able to get in right away. It's tight quarters but no big deal. I had a scallops & risotto dish that was by far the best meal I had during 8 days in CA. I should have eaten there the next night too instead of going to Hog's Breath Inn.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Thanks Lisa! I'm honored to know our scallops and risotto was the best meal during your visit. It was a pleasure serving you, and I hope you get a chance to visit again soon.

Take care,
Pebble Beach, California
“Personal, Pleasant & Professional”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

Flaherty's is top notch in service and food. Working as a team to ensure I have a pleasant experience everytime I visit, Ken and his staff are all personal and professional.

As for the food, I keep coming back!!!

From savory to sweet to spicy (not necessarily hot), there is a blend of authentic cuisine and "wholesome cooking" combined with fine presentation of all the dishes.

Fresh fish, fine wine and a variety of micro brews followed up by all housemade desserts make for an amazing experience!

Another nice aspect I enjoy about Flaherty's is that I can dress business casual or in shorts and flip flops, depending on whether I want to eat in the "pub side" or the "fine dining side".

Make reservations if you're going with a party...the afternoons and evenings I have visted (usually weekend days) have always been packed.

restauranteurCarmel, Owner at Flaherty's Seafood Grill & Oyster Bar, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind recommendation. I'm delighted to hear you think we're the perfect blend of fine dining and wholesome, home-cooked food. I'll be sure to let the rest of the team know you appreciate their warm and welcoming service. Looking forward to your next meal with us!