“Never had Swiss Food Before” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Rancho Boulevard
Dunedin, Florida
“Never had Swiss Food Before”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

I was not disappointed! I had The Farmer's Market Sausage Platter, my husband had Chicken Schnitzel and our friend had the Pan Fried Lake Trout. It was all delicious!

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

73% Recommend
San Jose, CA
“Get your Switzerland/Bavaria fix here!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

What a great spot! We travel frequently to Switzerland and Bavaria, Lugano's is like a culinary mash up of those two fabulous spots. The beer list is great (Spaten from Bavaria, others), food is really top notch.

We had the air-dried beef appetizer (very hard to find outside of Switzerland), I had the schnitzel as a main course. I'm a complete schnitzel snob and this was quite possibly the best version I've had anywhere in the world. Tender, tasty pork, light breading, perfectly cooked, not greasy at all. The rotkraut (red cabbage) was also the best version I've had of that dish. Almost a combination of cooked cabbage and ligonberry jam (the traditional German accompaniment to schnitzel). Others had rack of lamb (very good) and even the vegetable medly that accompanied was perfectly cooked and very tasty.

Other menu choices include veal Zurich-style, goulash soup, sausages, and pretty much anything you would expect to find on the menu of a high end traditional restaurant in Switzerland or Germany. To top it all off, the bread is divine.

Service is very friendly, prompt, and helpful. The decor is delightfully "local" - if you're in Switzerland. Outdoor dining area/biergarten is great. Can't wait to go back.

• Visited August 2013
Lazy Point
“Fondue and fun”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

Enjoyable little restaurant off of the mean part of Carmel...so you will need to drive...Very quiet the night we went there but it was a Monday. Meat fondue was good...our teenage boys enjoyed it for the first time.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Topsham, Maine
“Gemutlich!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

This is a charming, cozy restaurant in the Barnyard in Carmel. Fondues, schnitzel, you name it -- very well-prepared and served promptly. We visited on a Friday and enjoyed the live music.

Fremont, California, United States
“The food is GREAT!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

I ordered their grilled shrimp linguine and I normally don't finish the food I ordered. This dish was so good, I did not have any left over to go despite the fact that I was not really that hungry. I went with a couple of friends and they even made the comment that they're surprised I did not have any left over. If you are celebrating your birthday, you've got to eat here for a really fun and different way of greeting you a happy birthday. I want you to be surprised and have a fun experience.