“Perfect place for breakfast” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout, Dessert
California
“Perfect place for breakfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

I love their breakfast here. The owner is friendly and the food is fresh and the presentation is great. Excellent coffee too!

Visited June 2013

Carmel Valley, California, United States
“Maybe breakfast is Em Le's thing, but don't bother with lunch....”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

Of all the great places to go for a nice lunch out, Em Le's is not the place. I went with a friend for lunch...both of us local girls, and thought we would give this place a try. So sorry we did. I ordered the salmon salad. With all the great local home grown tomatoes that can be had, I ended up with a hard, tasteless tomato on my place....nicely sliced, but oh so not good! The salmon was only so so, and the complete salad was mediocre at best. Like I said....if you are looking for a great lunch out, there are way to many great places to choose from. This is not the place.

• Visited August 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Carmel, California
“Locals don't mind the mess”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

Never again...omg. needs a MAJOR overhaul, and a new cook! Chairs are hard and a bit slimy. The booth.....forget it!
the food....pushed it around. The salmon and salad, what could go wrong right? yuk.
Maybe breakfast would be ok....maybe, But I'll never know.

• Visited July 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
California
“Outstanding Customer Service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

We stopped by Em Le's late one morning with our two miniature dachshunds to have breakfast. We hadn't been here before on our trips to Carmel because we always bring our pups and it had not been listed as "dog friendly" in the past. This time I noticed on their website that they had outdoor seating so we stopped to have a look. We didn't see any outdoor seating so my husband went in to ask. They said they hadn't set up the tables because it was chilly, but they would be happy to set one up for us and our dogs. They immediately placed a table and chairs in a cute nook beside the restaurant and brought out a dish of water for the dogs. They were so friendly and treated us like royalty, even though it was obvious that we were not locals.

My husband and I both ordered breakfast, he had the basic bacon and eggs while I ordered a waffle. Based on the comments, we decided to share an order of the french toast. Besides being outrageously delicious, the french toast is a work of art! I am not a big french toast fan, but this dish is amazing! My husband and I fought over it and while our other food was good, this was incredible. You have to give it a try! Because we had so much food, we decided to take some of the french toast with us and had it later that night for dessert. It was even good cold.

This was our best experience ever at a restaurant in Carmel and I will definitely be back in the future.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Palm Springs, CA.
“Get the French Toast...yes”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

I first came here over 20 years ago when my sister got married in Carmel. The french toast was that memorable. It has been explained to me that the original owners got some copyright on the recipe. I tell you all this, it needs to be replicated all over. It is French toast meet funnel cake and the sauce is incredible. We shared a full portion and it was plenty. Whenever I return to this area, I will be eating this delite.

Visited August 2013