“Don't JUST go by reviews” 3 of 5 stars

Vendange Carmel Inn & Suites
3.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   24815 Carpenter Street, Carmel, CA 93923   |
Ranked #22 of 30 Carmel B&B and Inns
Los Angeles, California
“Don't JUST go by reviews”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

I picked this hotel because of the great reviews, however, we found it not so 'great'. Didn't realize it's not right in town, need to drive to town. Wifi didn't work first nite. No place to get a coke. Walls thin as was the TP. Marble floors freezing! No fan in bathroom. Bathrm door hit toilet seat. Looks beautiful, just not that functional.Staff, lovely.

Room Tip: If you don't care much about hotel amenities, it's fine.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
VendangeGM, Manager at Vendange Carmel Inn & Suites, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
We appreciate you taking the time to review our property. We take your feedback seriously- it helps us to see what you enjoyed during your stay and where we can improve. We will look into these issues and we sincerely hope you will consider staying with us again.

55 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Davie, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

We spent one night that we booked a day before on our road trip through California. Did not expect much, but were delighted with such a pleasant surprise that awaited in this cute little bed and breakfast. Rooms were clean, spacious, even got free upgrade for one of the rooms! Nice fire pit in the center of the garden, flowers and beautiful plants wherever you turn... I'm just gonna say I wish we could stay another day! For that price, it was nothing short of amazing, I would recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
VendangeGM, General Manager at Vendange Carmel Inn & Suites, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
Thank you for staying with us here at the Vendange Carmel Inn & Suites. I am very glad to hear that you really enjoyed your stay. We really strive to make it our priority to make our guests happy and recommend great suggestions on activities and great accommodations, so when you come back from a great outing, you have a nice place to return to and a friendly vibe where we can take care of you. Once again we appreciate your stay and hope to see you again soon.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013 via mobile

We were passing through Carmel and found this place on the way. When we were checking in were a delight to work with. Very helpful in finding places to see and dine. The rooms are newly renovated and are beautiful! The bed by far has been one of the best I've found in any stay I've had. I will definetly be staying here again and would highly reconmend it to anyone coming to the area.

• Stayed June 2013
Thank you for the fantastic review! We are so happy enjoyed the newly renovated rooms and the wonderfully comfortable beds. We hope you visit us again next time you are in Carmel!
San Luis Obispo, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

Under new ownership this place obvisouly cares very much about making their clients happy. I booked a room here just 2 days before a weekend getaway with my mom for her birthday. After calling over 30 hotels and B&B's in carmel who were all either full or would not allow a room for just 1 night, I was lucky enough to find Vendange. I was heisitant at first to book it because of the reviews before when it was the Carmel Crystal Inn but the staff on the phone were so kind and accomadating I figured I'd roll the dice, and I'm glad I did. The new rooms are beautiful, we stayed in the Twisted Roots King Suite and absolutely loved it. The walls had been re insulted so even though the street it's located on was fairly busy during the day when the door and windows were closed we could barely hear the traffic. My only qualm was there was no outlet in the bathroom for my blow dryer but really that wasn't a huge deal. We enjoyed their afternoon wine and cheese in their beautiful garden around the fire pit before heading into town for the sunset. All around this was a really nice place to stay and the staff is amazing. They went above and beyond to make sure my mom had a nice birthday. The only reason I didn't give it 5 stars is because it's still under renovations but I'm really looking forward to staying again and seeing what they have in store!

Room Tip: When they reopen them the rooms facing the Garden Look amazing! Make sure to enjoy the firepit too!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
VendangeGM, Manager at Vendange Carmel Inn & Suites, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
Hello Tys_Girl,

Thank you for your review. We apologize for the outlet in the bathroom for your hairdryer. The issue with that is the custom mirror we ordered has not come in yet so we had to use the temporary oval mirror that you saw. That mirror is blocking the outlet for your hair dryer because it was placed in the middle so it aligns with the sink. The new mirror that is going to be placed in there in a few days will have a cutout of the outlet. I hope otherwise you and your mother had a great time and I hope she enjoyed the room as well as yourself. I hope you can visit us soon when the property is completely done. I am sorry I was not there myself to greet you, but I am sure my front desk gave you excellent customer service. I remember our email conversation so I hope you loved the gift that was brought up to your room. Thank you for staying with us at the Vendange Carmel Inn & Suites and I am looking forward to seeing you soon on your next visit to Carmel.
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

The newly renovated rooms, grounds, and lobby make this a great place to stay. The bed was extremely comfortable, the furniture was quality, and the bathroom was brand-new and clean. The grounds are beautiful; we enjoyed sitting out by the new stone and glass gas fire pit with flowers and trees all around. The gentleman from the front desk put on soft music and turned on the ambient white lights around while we were there. The service we received overall was excellent, and the manager went out of his way to make sure our needs were more than adequately met and that we enjoyed our experience. They are not finished renovating, but we didn't find that to be a problem. We had a quiet evening and then a wonderful breakfast time in the morning. I can't wait to return!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Brian L, Guest Relations Manager at Vendange Carmel Inn & Suites, responded to this review, May 17, 2013
Thank you for your kind review. I am glad you enjoyed all the new amenities that we have here at the Vendange Carmel Inn & Suites. Also I am glad your experience here was wonderful and I hope you can visit us again when all the rooms have wine decor from our local wineries. We will be the first wine themed Boutique Inn in Carmel.
Los Gatos, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

Planned on doing some kayak fishing at SWS and decided to stay here for a night to get on the water at grey light. From the minute we arrived to the day we left it was a great experience. The have recently remodeled about 8 rooms and have a ways to go to get finished up but this place is looking good. The gentleman in the lobby had great customer service and even showed us to the room and went over some of the upgrades. The bed is Fantastic! Super comfy and I enjoyed it after a rough day at sea the day of arrival. They had some great wine paired with yummy cheese and meats out for everyone to enjoy. It was a blessing considering I was hungry and thirsty and a few bites before the sushi dinner was well needed. I would recommend this place to my mom and she is kinda picky.

Room Tip: I would recommend staying upstairs or in the cottage. Our room was right by the lobby and you can he...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
InnRelationsManager, Guest Relations Manager at Vendange Carmel Inn & Suites, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Thank you for staying with us here at the Vendange Carmel Inn and Suites. As you saw the new rooms, we have done a lot of renovation. I am extremely glad to hear that you enjoyed our new beds and hope to see you soon on your next trip to Carmel when you visit either for Kayaking or just to enjoy the town. We really appreciate your stay with us.
Monterey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

I loved the newly renovated rooms. You can smell the fresh brand new carpet which is something I love in a home and anywhere I stay. I would say this place had the most comfortable bed in any place I have stayed in, in my life. I would definitely come back just for the bed, plus the excellent service from the front desk management. They recommended me to a great wine bar that played live music and I was also able to see Shane sing from the group Overtunes which was Amazing!!!! I was also recommended Demetras which was right next door and they had great food. The room was excellent size. I stayed in a King Deluxe which is bigger than a Standard King and I loved the new bathrooms. Everything was marble and I was told I was there when they first began serving breakfast in the Lobby after renovation. I loved it. I would definitely come back. It was well worth what I paid for it. The management told me to look out for some cool packages that would be coming up on their new website soon. This place seems as if they know what they are doing and what I liked about it this place the most is that it wasn't old and antique as other places. The only downside I would say is that no pets are allowed.

Room Tip: I would choose any room. They are all new. I couldn't see how you could go wrong.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Vendange Carmel Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!