“Amazing Birthday Stay....” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #21 of 30 Carmel B&B and Inns
San Luis Obispo, California
“Amazing Birthday Stay....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

Under new ownership this place obvisouly cares very much about making their clients happy. I booked a room here just 2 days before a weekend getaway with my mom for her birthday. After calling over 30 hotels and B&B's in carmel who were all either full or would not allow a room for just 1 night, I was lucky enough to find Vendange. I was heisitant at first to book it because of the reviews before when it was the Carmel Crystal Inn but the staff on the phone were so kind and accomadating I figured I'd roll the dice, and I'm glad I did. The new rooms are beautiful, we stayed in the Twisted Roots King Suite and absolutely loved it. The walls had been re insulted so even though the street it's located on was fairly busy during the day when the door and windows were closed we could barely hear the traffic. My only qualm was there was no outlet in the bathroom for my blow dryer but really that wasn't a huge deal. We enjoyed their afternoon wine and cheese in their beautiful garden around the fire pit before heading into town for the sunset. All around this was a really nice place to stay and the staff is amazing. They went above and beyond to make sure my mom had a nice birthday. The only reason I didn't give it 5 stars is because it's still under renovations but I'm really looking forward to staying again and seeing what they have in store!

Room Tip: When they reopen them the rooms facing the Garden Look amazing! Make sure to enjoy the firepit too!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
VendangeGM, Manager at Vendange Carmel Inn & Suites, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
Hello Tys_Girl,

Thank you for your review. We apologize for the outlet in the bathroom for your hairdryer. The issue with that is the custom mirror we ordered has not come in yet so we had to use the temporary oval mirror that you saw. That mirror is blocking the outlet for your hair dryer because it was placed in the middle so it aligns with the sink. The new mirror that is going to be placed in there in a few days will have a cutout of the outlet. I hope otherwise you and your mother had a great time and I hope she enjoyed the room as well as yourself. I hope you can visit us soon when the property is completely done. I am sorry I was not there myself to greet you, but I am sure my front desk gave you excellent customer service. I remember our email conversation so I hope you loved the gift that was brought up to your room. Thank you for staying with us at the Vendange Carmel Inn & Suites and I am looking forward to seeing you soon on your next visit to Carmel.

48 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

The newly renovated rooms, grounds, and lobby make this a great place to stay. The bed was extremely comfortable, the furniture was quality, and the bathroom was brand-new and clean. The grounds are beautiful; we enjoyed sitting out by the new stone and glass gas fire pit with flowers and trees all around. The gentleman from the front desk put on soft music and turned on the ambient white lights around while we were there. The service we received overall was excellent, and the manager went out of his way to make sure our needs were more than adequately met and that we enjoyed our experience. They are not finished renovating, but we didn't find that to be a problem. We had a quiet evening and then a wonderful breakfast time in the morning. I can't wait to return!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Brian L, Guest Relations Manager at Vendange Carmel Inn & Suites, responded to this review, May 17, 2013
Thank you for your kind review. I am glad you enjoyed all the new amenities that we have here at the Vendange Carmel Inn & Suites. Also I am glad your experience here was wonderful and I hope you can visit us again when all the rooms have wine decor from our local wineries. We will be the first wine themed Boutique Inn in Carmel.
Los Gatos, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

Planned on doing some kayak fishing at SWS and decided to stay here for a night to get on the water at grey light. From the minute we arrived to the day we left it was a great experience. The have recently remodeled about 8 rooms and have a ways to go to get finished up but this place is looking good. The gentleman in the lobby had great customer service and even showed us to the room and went over some of the upgrades. The bed is Fantastic! Super comfy and I enjoyed it after a rough day at sea the day of arrival. They had some great wine paired with yummy cheese and meats out for everyone to enjoy. It was a blessing considering I was hungry and thirsty and a few bites before the sushi dinner was well needed. I would recommend this place to my mom and she is kinda picky.

Room Tip: I would recommend staying upstairs or in the cottage. Our room was right by the lobby and you can he...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
InnRelationsManager, Guest Relations Manager at Vendange Carmel Inn & Suites, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Thank you for staying with us here at the Vendange Carmel Inn and Suites. As you saw the new rooms, we have done a lot of renovation. I am extremely glad to hear that you enjoyed our new beds and hope to see you soon on your next trip to Carmel when you visit either for Kayaking or just to enjoy the town. We really appreciate your stay with us.
Monterey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

I loved the newly renovated rooms. You can smell the fresh brand new carpet which is something I love in a home and anywhere I stay. I would say this place had the most comfortable bed in any place I have stayed in, in my life. I would definitely come back just for the bed, plus the excellent service from the front desk management. They recommended me to a great wine bar that played live music and I was also able to see Shane sing from the group Overtunes which was Amazing!!!! I was also recommended Demetras which was right next door and they had great food. The room was excellent size. I stayed in a King Deluxe which is bigger than a Standard King and I loved the new bathrooms. Everything was marble and I was told I was there when they first began serving breakfast in the Lobby after renovation. I loved it. I would definitely come back. It was well worth what I paid for it. The management told me to look out for some cool packages that would be coming up on their new website soon. This place seems as if they know what they are doing and what I liked about it this place the most is that it wasn't old and antique as other places. The only downside I would say is that no pets are allowed.

Room Tip: I would choose any room. They are all new. I couldn't see how you could go wrong.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Newport Beach, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

I recently stayed in one of the new renovated rooms and I loved it. It was very clean and everything is brand new. Right when I walked when I was pleasantly greeted by the front desk concierge who was very knowledgeable and directed me to a great restaurant in downtown and afterward a great wine bar. We ended up going to Christopher's and than we went over to Constance wine bar where I had a great flight of wine. The room I stayed in had great modern decor and even everything in the bathroom was brand new. I loved the marble walk in showers which was a nice elegant touch. I was able to enjoy the nice modern fire pit which I was great because there is a varietal of music playing from the speakers in the garden area. Breakfast was delivered to our room the next day, but I think that is only temporary until the lobby is fully finished, and when I looked at it, it was about 90% done. I am definitely going to come back here and can't wait to see everything done. It was well worth the price because of the service and the new amenities that you get with the room.

Room Tip: When reading the rooms, I noticed that one of the main problems was the street noise so I asked them...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Sacramento, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

We stayed in 6 a queen room. The room over all was nice enough for the price we paid (62.00) I dont think I would pay much more then that. When we came back to our room after dinner, we could not get in to the room the batteries to the door had died, so we had to call and wait for the to come and open the door. The staff was nice and breakfast was fruit, bagels, cereal the basic continental. I visit alot and stay in differnt place just for the fun of it. So not sure if I would stay again.

Room Tip: This is a nonsmoking property and the ice machine is in the office, so no ice ater 9pm
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Roseburg
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

We also stayed at the crystal inn not sure what to expect. The gentleman working front counter was very friendly and also recommended an eating establishment which was very good. We were very pleased. Would definitely stay again. The one thing I have noticed is the rates are all over the place. Wouldn't pay over 100.00

• Stayed January 2013

Been to Vendange Carmel Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!