“Great place to stay!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #21 of 29 Carmel B&B and Inns
Monterey
“Great place to stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

I loved the newly renovated rooms. You can smell the fresh brand new carpet which is something I love in a home and anywhere I stay. I would say this place had the most comfortable bed in any place I have stayed in, in my life. I would definitely come back just for the bed, plus the excellent service from the front desk management. They recommended me to a great wine bar that played live music and I was also able to see Shane sing from the group Overtunes which was Amazing!!!! I was also recommended Demetras which was right next door and they had great food. The room was excellent size. I stayed in a King Deluxe which is bigger than a Standard King and I loved the new bathrooms. Everything was marble and I was told I was there when they first began serving breakfast in the Lobby after renovation. I loved it. I would definitely come back. It was well worth what I paid for it. The management told me to look out for some cool packages that would be coming up on their new website soon. This place seems as if they know what they are doing and what I liked about it this place the most is that it wasn't old and antique as other places. The only downside I would say is that no pets are allowed.

Room Tip: I would choose any room. They are all new. I couldn't see how you could go wrong.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Newport Beach, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

I recently stayed in one of the new renovated rooms and I loved it. It was very clean and everything is brand new. Right when I walked when I was pleasantly greeted by the front desk concierge who was very knowledgeable and directed me to a great restaurant in downtown and afterward a great wine bar. We ended up going to Christopher's and than we went over to Constance wine bar where I had a great flight of wine. The room I stayed in had great modern decor and even everything in the bathroom was brand new. I loved the marble walk in showers which was a nice elegant touch. I was able to enjoy the nice modern fire pit which I was great because there is a varietal of music playing from the speakers in the garden area. Breakfast was delivered to our room the next day, but I think that is only temporary until the lobby is fully finished, and when I looked at it, it was about 90% done. I am definitely going to come back here and can't wait to see everything done. It was well worth the price because of the service and the new amenities that you get with the room.

Room Tip: When reading the rooms, I noticed that one of the main problems was the street noise so I asked them...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Sacramento, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

We stayed in 6 a queen room. The room over all was nice enough for the price we paid (62.00) I dont think I would pay much more then that. When we came back to our room after dinner, we could not get in to the room the batteries to the door had died, so we had to call and wait for the to come and open the door. The staff was nice and breakfast was fruit, bagels, cereal the basic continental. I visit alot and stay in differnt place just for the fun of it. So not sure if I would stay again.

Room Tip: This is a nonsmoking property and the ice machine is in the office, so no ice ater 9pm
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Roseburg
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

We also stayed at the crystal inn not sure what to expect. The gentleman working front counter was very friendly and also recommended an eating establishment which was very good. We were very pleased. Would definitely stay again. The one thing I have noticed is the rates are all over the place. Wouldn't pay over 100.00

• Stayed January 2013
Concord, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

I am really torn about my review of this hotel. On the one hand, the staff was great, they were friendly and helpful, and the room was nice and clean. On the other hand, the walls are so thin that even I, a very heavy sleeper, could not get a good nights rest. We were awoken by drunken debauchery from our neighbors at 1 am and, thanks to the thin walls, had to spend a half an hour or so listening to them as if they were sitting right in our room. Because it sounded like a larger group, and there was definitely alcohol involved, my wife asked me not to go over and handle it because she was worried that there could be an altercation, so we just rode it out. Finally, one of the guys in the group sounded like they had a meltdown and started screaming and crying and that ended the party. Because the hotel is small, they do not staff it 24 hours a day, so there was no one to call to handle the disturbance.

In all honesty, if this whole disaster with the neighboring room had never happened, I would probably be writing a relatively favorable review, although I knew the second that we stepped into the room that we would probably have sound problems. So, if you are a light sleeper, I would recommend staying somewhere else.

Room Tip: The king deluxe room was nice. It had a small kitchenette with some dishes and wine glasses and a ni...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Brian L, Public Relations Manager at Vendange Carmel Inn & Suites, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
I am sorry about the noise disturbance in the late evening. There is actually a manager on duty and the person did call the police letting them know that there were loud noises coming from the room as well as alcohol being involved. The manager on the property did call the police to tell them as well that they were under the influence of alcohol and we noticed they did not come back that night. Hopefully the police caught them before they could cause any harm while driving under the influence. The number for the manager on duty is posted on the door of the lobby as stated during check-in. I am really sorry you had to deal with the noise issues. We are going to renovate all the rooms very soon with better sound proof walling and all new decor and furniture. Hopefully we can see you here soon and show you how much we have improved the building.
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

Recently went to Carmel and we stayed at this property. It was a great experience! We were very properly welcomed and the place is quaint and comfortable. The desk clerk even recommended where to have dinner and a discount on our meal. The room was very comfortable and very clean. The continental breakfast was served on porcelain plates with silver. Can not expect less in Carmel. We will be returning here.

Room Tip: Any room is a good room.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

I decided to write a review, though I rarely do, because the staff went above and beyond for me and we only spent a night at the hotel. When we first decided to book a hotel right in Carmel, we had our eye on a hotel closer to the beach that cost upwards of $150 on Expedia. However, when we stopped by to check it out we were disappointed with the rooms and decided to take a shot at checking out this hotel at $50 for the same night. Well the room ended up being cozier and the hotel was much more appealing. We overheard Nick giving advise on the restaurant selection and decided to take his recommendation. He was very patient with us looking at the room and taking it over before we took the room. It turned out to be a very pleasant evening with a walk to the center of town with shops and restaurants. The breakfast the following morning was delightful, all for $50. But the best part was after a few days back home in LA I realized that I left my newly bought (I fell in love with) Irish wool sweater in the room, I called and got a hold of Rosie and she quickly found my sweater and offered to send it to me. I was very glad, but also grateful that they were willing to go the extra step for me. She told me that the hotel is under new management and maybe that explains why the negative reviews represent nothing of my experience. I decided I needed to do them some justice and write about my very positive experience. I would highly recommend this hotel, especially if it is cheaper than others in the area. The only think that I wish they had at the reception are some flashlights to borrow as the dark streets can be a challenge to navigate in the total darkness.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Vendange Carmel Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!