“Short stay” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #24 of 29 Carmel B&B and Inns
Sacramento, California
“Short stay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

We stayed in 6 a queen room. The room over all was nice enough for the price we paid (62.00) I dont think I would pay much more then that. When we came back to our room after dinner, we could not get in to the room the batteries to the door had died, so we had to call and wait for the to come and open the door. The staff was nice and breakfast was fruit, bagels, cereal the basic continental. I visit alot and stay in differnt place just for the fun of it. So not sure if I would stay again.

Room Tip: This is a nonsmoking property and the ice machine is in the office, so no ice ater 9pm
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Roseburg
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

We also stayed at the crystal inn not sure what to expect. The gentleman working front counter was very friendly and also recommended an eating establishment which was very good. We were very pleased. Would definitely stay again. The one thing I have noticed is the rates are all over the place. Wouldn't pay over 100.00

• Stayed January 2013
Concord, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

I am really torn about my review of this hotel. On the one hand, the staff was great, they were friendly and helpful, and the room was nice and clean. On the other hand, the walls are so thin that even I, a very heavy sleeper, could not get a good nights rest. We were awoken by drunken debauchery from our neighbors at 1 am and, thanks to the thin walls, had to spend a half an hour or so listening to them as if they were sitting right in our room. Because it sounded like a larger group, and there was definitely alcohol involved, my wife asked me not to go over and handle it because she was worried that there could be an altercation, so we just rode it out. Finally, one of the guys in the group sounded like they had a meltdown and started screaming and crying and that ended the party. Because the hotel is small, they do not staff it 24 hours a day, so there was no one to call to handle the disturbance.

In all honesty, if this whole disaster with the neighboring room had never happened, I would probably be writing a relatively favorable review, although I knew the second that we stepped into the room that we would probably have sound problems. So, if you are a light sleeper, I would recommend staying somewhere else.

Room Tip: The king deluxe room was nice. It had a small kitchenette with some dishes and wine glasses and a ni...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Brian L, Public Relations Manager at Vendange Carmel Inn & Suites, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
I am sorry about the noise disturbance in the late evening. There is actually a manager on duty and the person did call the police letting them know that there were loud noises coming from the room as well as alcohol being involved. The manager on the property did call the police to tell them as well that they were under the influence of alcohol and we noticed they did not come back that night. Hopefully the police caught them before they could cause any harm while driving under the influence. The number for the manager on duty is posted on the door of the lobby as stated during check-in. I am really sorry you had to deal with the noise issues. We are going to renovate all the rooms very soon with better sound proof walling and all new decor and furniture. Hopefully we can see you here soon and show you how much we have improved the building.
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

Recently went to Carmel and we stayed at this property. It was a great experience! We were very properly welcomed and the place is quaint and comfortable. The desk clerk even recommended where to have dinner and a discount on our meal. The room was very comfortable and very clean. The continental breakfast was served on porcelain plates with silver. Can not expect less in Carmel. We will be returning here.

Room Tip: Any room is a good room.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

I decided to write a review, though I rarely do, because the staff went above and beyond for me and we only spent a night at the hotel. When we first decided to book a hotel right in Carmel, we had our eye on a hotel closer to the beach that cost upwards of $150 on Expedia. However, when we stopped by to check it out we were disappointed with the rooms and decided to take a shot at checking out this hotel at $50 for the same night. Well the room ended up being cozier and the hotel was much more appealing. We overheard Nick giving advise on the restaurant selection and decided to take his recommendation. He was very patient with us looking at the room and taking it over before we took the room. It turned out to be a very pleasant evening with a walk to the center of town with shops and restaurants. The breakfast the following morning was delightful, all for $50. But the best part was after a few days back home in LA I realized that I left my newly bought (I fell in love with) Irish wool sweater in the room, I called and got a hold of Rosie and she quickly found my sweater and offered to send it to me. I was very glad, but also grateful that they were willing to go the extra step for me. She told me that the hotel is under new management and maybe that explains why the negative reviews represent nothing of my experience. I decided I needed to do them some justice and write about my very positive experience. I would highly recommend this hotel, especially if it is cheaper than others in the area. The only think that I wish they had at the reception are some flashlights to borrow as the dark streets can be a challenge to navigate in the total darkness.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Mission Viejo, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

My husband and I stayed here on our way to San Francisco. We had read negative reviews but decided to give it a shot due to the Inn being under new ownership. I am happy to say that we were pleased with our choice. The management team was extremely friendly and helpful, they even upgraded us to a cottage during our stay. It is obvious that the new ownership cares about the property as they are making upgrades and new additions.

One thing to keep in mind is that the Inn is a quick drive from the main action that is Carmel. They do have a free breakfast which consists of bagels, fruit, coffee and hard boiled eggs etc. Another plus is that they also have free wifi for guests.

Perfect stay for those who want a quaint place to stay and don't need to have an upscale or "hoity toity" ambience.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
San Francisco
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

I love the staff here, they are very knowledgable with the area and I was very appreciative with the recommendations they gave me to every restaurant and activity they told us about. The price was great as well and the Inn is nice and cozy. Breakfast was a plus as well as the free wifi which I loved since I can do work and travel with my wife at the same time. I do not know what other people are talking about complaining about the noise and the rude service, I experience none of this when I was here. I will definitely be back and experience Carmel again since you cannot do it all in one day.

Room Tip: I noticed when I booked directly with Carmel Crystal Inn, they were more flexible to move me to my r...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Vendange Carmel Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!