“Super cute!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 22 Hotels in Carmel
Los Angeles, California, United States
“Super cute!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

We loved this hotel and will definitely return! The staff was awesome and even let us borrow a wine opener so we could enjoy a bottle of wine after visiting the beach. Great location, clean and quaint. The local grocery store is just around the corner and is within walking distance. Highly recommend!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Cape Town Central, South Africa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

I absolutely loved this little town. It was my favorite out of all the stops on West Coast drive. The location of this inn was superb! The town was extremely busy & many hills. The inn is one block up from the main town so you can park your car on arrival and just walk to the shops and restaurants.

The rooms were nice and bathrooms were good. We arrived a little early and stopped in to find out what time check in was. At first front desk wasn't very pleasant but then warmed up to us during the conversation and were accommodating to let us check in an hour before.

Would recommend a visit to Pebble beach golf course and doing 17 mile drive.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

Room was clean and the service was excellent.
Great value for your dollar and included breakfast each morning. Perfectly situated and within walking distance to many shops and Gourmet restaurants. Would highly recommend Brophy's Tavern....they are about the only restaurant open till midnight. Most restaurants close by 9:00 - 10:00.

• Stayed April 2013
Tacoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

We needed a place for a one night stay on our drive up the PCH. We decided to stay one night in Carmel, and wanted a nice, clean, affordable place to spend the night. We got in around 10pm, and found an envelope with our name and room key on the office door. The room was perfect for my family of four. The beds were comfortable, and the bathroom was very clean. We stayed on a Sunday night and it was extremely quiet. The 3 evenings prior to this, we stayed at the Four Seasons at Beverly Hills, and although the two places are in different leagues, the Comfort Inn at Carmel did not disappoint my very picky wife and 2 daughters. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013
Northern Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

Stayed here in March 2013. Inn was located centrally to the main street of Carmel.# and the beach. Rooms were exceptionally clean and well maintained. The staff were very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was self service and the food was fresh and plentiful. Only criticism would be that the breakfast room was deadly silent. Some low volume background music would be nice.

Room Tip: Nothing really to add. All rooms were quietly situated.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Monson, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

I love this hotel, and the people who own/run it. It in a perfect location, a six or seven block walk from the beach, and one block away from stores. I don't have to drive anywhere when I stay here, I just park and walk everywhere, it's ridiculously convenient. It's well maintained, rooms are up to date with ample furniture, and upgraded bathroom fixtures.

I am so confused by some of the ratings/reviews on here, the woman at the front desk has always been remarkably nice and very helpful. Admittedly I have not taken advantage of breakfast, for that I head to Katy's Place (talk about amazing breakfast).

The building is old and with that come some noise issues so be wary if you are light sleeper but I slept soundly each night I was there. It's hotel, so you will here some noise. Just be realistic about where you are staying, but for a comfort inn it's an incredible hotel which far exceeds any hotel I have stayed in recently. For perspective I travel for work 90% of the time, if I could i would stay at this hotel exclusively, for me it's that good.

I love this hotel, I stayed there twice in the past month and will be returning in 3 weeks, and I can't wait.

Room Tip: Ask for the top floor, rooms are quieter.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

I had a great experience! Room was clean and modern. The lady at the counter was very nice and helpful. The location is so convenient, we never had to use our car. The next time I visit Carmel, I will book this place again! Loved it!!

• Stayed March 2013

Been to Comfort Inn Carmel By The Sea? Share your experiences!