“Will definitely return.” 5 of 5 stars

Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #11 of 23 Hotels in Carmel
“Will definitely return.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

Room was clean and the service was excellent.
Great value for your dollar and included breakfast each morning. Perfectly situated and within walking distance to many shops and Gourmet restaurants. Would highly recommend Brophy's Tavern....they are about the only restaurant open till midnight. Most restaurants close by 9:00 - 10:00.

• Stayed April 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Tacoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

We needed a place for a one night stay on our drive up the PCH. We decided to stay one night in Carmel, and wanted a nice, clean, affordable place to spend the night. We got in around 10pm, and found an envelope with our name and room key on the office door. The room was perfect for my family of four. The beds were comfortable, and the bathroom was very clean. We stayed on a Sunday night and it was extremely quiet. The 3 evenings prior to this, we stayed at the Four Seasons at Beverly Hills, and although the two places are in different leagues, the Comfort Inn at Carmel did not disappoint my very picky wife and 2 daughters. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013
Northern Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

Stayed here in March 2013. Inn was located centrally to the main street of Carmel.# and the beach. Rooms were exceptionally clean and well maintained. The staff were very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was self service and the food was fresh and plentiful. Only criticism would be that the breakfast room was deadly silent. Some low volume background music would be nice.

Room Tip: Nothing really to add. All rooms were quietly situated.
Monson, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

I love this hotel, and the people who own/run it. It in a perfect location, a six or seven block walk from the beach, and one block away from stores. I don't have to drive anywhere when I stay here, I just park and walk everywhere, it's ridiculously convenient. It's well maintained, rooms are up to date with ample furniture, and upgraded bathroom fixtures.

I am so confused by some of the ratings/reviews on here, the woman at the front desk has always been remarkably nice and very helpful. Admittedly I have not taken advantage of breakfast, for that I head to Katy's Place (talk about amazing breakfast).

The building is old and with that come some noise issues so be wary if you are light sleeper but I slept soundly each night I was there. It's hotel, so you will here some noise. Just be realistic about where you are staying, but for a comfort inn it's an incredible hotel which far exceeds any hotel I have stayed in recently. For perspective I travel for work 90% of the time, if I could i would stay at this hotel exclusively, for me it's that good.

I love this hotel, I stayed there twice in the past month and will be returning in 3 weeks, and I can't wait.

Room Tip: Ask for the top floor, rooms are quieter.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

I had a great experience! Room was clean and modern. The lady at the counter was very nice and helpful. The location is so convenient, we never had to use our car. The next time I visit Carmel, I will book this place again! Loved it!!

• Stayed March 2013
Wailuku, Hawaii
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

In reading other reviews many people have mentioned the great location, good breakfast etc. so I won't repeat all that. I'll just say that this hotel is an excellent value especially when you are considering where it is.

I'd also like to comment at the woman who was working the front desk when we were there. Several commenters had problems on this issue. I can only say that the woman we worked with (I believe she is the owner of the hotel) was very nice and was quite pleasant not only to us but to everyone else that we saw her deal with. For example, when I was looking at the instructions for the waffle maker she immediately came out and made the waffle for me. When I mentioned that there was no more orange juice she quickly went and got some more. She was always polite, considerate, and anxious to make our stay pleasant. I don't know if she is the same person the other reviewers were talking about but she certainly was nice to us.

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

I and my wife usually come to Carmel at least 2 times a year, for past 10 years
And we always come back to “Comfort Inn, Carmel by the sea” Why?
Answer is very simple, great location, Excellent service, very clean rooms, and very affordable.
The owner recognizes as every time.,When we arrived, I park my car and only used to go to “Point Lobos”
Or some attraction, rest of the time we walk, the location is so convenient, we walk everywhere.
We strongly recommending this cozy place, we very pleased, the rooms has all you need: microoven,
Big flat screen TV, Hi-speed Internet, coffee machine …est. And the next time we will definitely will stay were.
Roman and Rita from Los Angeles, CA

Room Tip: We like the rooms on the south side,whey are quieter,and we like the second floor
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Comfort Inn Carmel By The Sea? Share your experiences!