“Great value, great location.” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #11 of 21 hotels in Carmel
Canton
“Great value, great location.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013 via mobile

Stayed March 5-6, 2013. Room 62. Updated, very stylish room and bathroom. Microwave, fridge, flatscreen. Very comfortable and clean. Great value including breakfast (enjoyed the waffles). Easy to find, easy parking. Right smack in the heart of Carmel-By-The-Sea. Extremely convenient, walking distance to the beach and all shops and restaurants. Market nearby. We parked and didn't get back into the car until we checked out! Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed March 2013
ComfortInnCarmel, Manager at Comfort Inn Carmel By The Sea, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your excellent review of our hotel. We were pleased that you enjoyed the many updates we have made to the hotel. As you mentioned many of our guest enjoy our central location which allows you to walk to all the local fare and enjoy all that Carmel has to offer. We look forward to your next visit to the Comfort Inn and Carmel by the Sea.

353 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

When you read other reviews and the issue of poor customer service comes up you wonder if it was just the situation or the employee was having a bad day. However, at the Comfort Inn we ran into the same issue many others have. The woman at the front desk was not only most unpleasant in her manner and tone of voice but gave me a hard time for booking the room for just two adults when there were three in our group. The third was our 17 year old son who was at the checkin counter with me. While it was only another $10 it left a bitter taste in my mouth. It was only later after doing some research I discovered that children are not charged when staying in the same room. I did bring this up the following morning and to credit of the woman (she was still on duty!) I was refunded the amount. Was it a money grab or did she not know the policy? I'll never know.

The hotel location is ideal - at the top of Ocean Avenue a short stroll from the stores, galleries and restaurants. And it is inexpensive - $109 all in for our room. However, you do pay for what you get. The rooms are spartanly furnished and definitely could use some updating. If you want to save money, this is the place to go. If you want something a little more romantic and special for a weekend getaway, I would look elsewhere.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Marietta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

My family (2 adults/2children) stayed at the Comfort Inn Carmel by the Sea in Feb 2013. The property is close to the Carmel Shopping area, just on the east end. Quick and easy walk to the shops and restaurants. The beach is close although the walk from the beach is steep and uphill and would not recommend with children. The hotel is older however all in this area are. We didn't have any problems with noise or parking, although it could be we were there at a slower season. I would recommend if you are looking for value/location.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent review of your stay at the Comfort Inn Carmel. Many guests have expressed there fondness for our hotel location as it does provide great access to Carmel Village with the need for a car. As you mentioned you can walk to dining, shopping and the beach. We were pleased to here that you found the room clean and comfortable as we always trying to make the guest a home away from home. We hope you return soon to Carmel and stay with us!
Newark, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

I do not typically share reviews but my experience compelled me to. I was looking for a reasonably priced hotel near downtown for a girls weekend getaway. I called the Comfort Inn based on the location, price and good reviews posted here. I have never had such poor customer service as I did when I called. The lady I spoke to sounded like I was bothering her when I was just asking about rates and availability. At one point I even asked her if this was a bad time to call and if I should call back and she said no. She was not helpful and was not pleasant. I am dumb founded as how a person can run a business with such a negative phone etiquette. We found another place that was both helpful and pleasant and we will be staying there instead.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

We stayed at the Comfort Inn, Carmel by the Sea in early March, 2013. It appears the inn was recently remodeled. The room was very clean and cosy although we did not have a great view. The interior decor is very good. The inn is walking distance to the shops and restaurants.

The lady that was at the front desk in the office, however, needs to have some finesse. She needs to understand that the client comes first. People in these jobs need to be pleasant and have the skills and tact when dealing with clients. When I was making my waffles (it is self serve) she said I was using too much batter and when the door shut hard behind me she yelled at me. Also, when asked about the password for the internet she was very rude in saying that she had already told us several times when she had not. She is the only negative comment I can make about the inn. Perhaps she needs to go to charm school.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Newport, Rhode Island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

Very reasonable cost -- in the coolest of towns. Arriving late at night, the hotel made special arrangements for us. Wow, I was very pleased with that extra effort. The rooms were very nice. I would definitely stay there again.
Everything was perfect. Staff were extremely friendly and helpful.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
ComfortInnCarmel, Manager at Comfort Inn Carmel By The Sea, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Dear Guest,

We always appreciate hearing a guest that not only enjoyed there time in Carmel but enjoyed there time at our hotel. I will pass along the many positive comments you expressed about our housekeeping and reception staff as they are always working hard and always appreciate there work being recognized. Thank you!
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013 via mobile

We stayed her for two nights in late February, and we were kindly upgraded to the king room after booking the queen. We found all of the accommodation options a bit pricey in Carmel, so this was the best value for the area. The hotel is in a very convenient location and is walking distance to the beach and centre of town.

The room was clean and the bathroom was a good size. The breakfast was good for what we wanted but don't expect to be blown away by it.

I would recommend staying here if passing through or travelling on a budget.

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

We appreciate the many positive comments about your stay at the Comfort Inn Carmel. We always appreciate it when a guest feels that they had good value for the price they paid. Our staff works hard to make each guest experience a positive one. Thank you for your business and we hope you return.

Been to Comfort Inn Carmel By The Sea? Share your experiences!