“Value Property” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 21 hotels in Carmel
Marietta, Georgia
“Value Property”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

My family (2 adults/2children) stayed at the Comfort Inn Carmel by the Sea in Feb 2013. The property is close to the Carmel Shopping area, just on the east end. Quick and easy walk to the shops and restaurants. The beach is close although the walk from the beach is steep and uphill and would not recommend with children. The hotel is older however all in this area are. We didn't have any problems with noise or parking, although it could be we were there at a slower season. I would recommend if you are looking for value/location.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
ComfortInnCarmel, Manager at Comfort Inn Carmel By The Sea, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent review of your stay at the Comfort Inn Carmel. Many guests have expressed there fondness for our hotel location as it does provide great access to Carmel Village with the need for a car. As you mentioned you can walk to dining, shopping and the beach. We were pleased to here that you found the room clean and comfortable as we always trying to make the guest a home away from home. We hope you return soon to Carmel and stay with us!

353 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Newark, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

I do not typically share reviews but my experience compelled me to. I was looking for a reasonably priced hotel near downtown for a girls weekend getaway. I called the Comfort Inn based on the location, price and good reviews posted here. I have never had such poor customer service as I did when I called. The lady I spoke to sounded like I was bothering her when I was just asking about rates and availability. At one point I even asked her if this was a bad time to call and if I should call back and she said no. She was not helpful and was not pleasant. I am dumb founded as how a person can run a business with such a negative phone etiquette. We found another place that was both helpful and pleasant and we will be staying there instead.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

We stayed at the Comfort Inn, Carmel by the Sea in early March, 2013. It appears the inn was recently remodeled. The room was very clean and cosy although we did not have a great view. The interior decor is very good. The inn is walking distance to the shops and restaurants.

The lady that was at the front desk in the office, however, needs to have some finesse. She needs to understand that the client comes first. People in these jobs need to be pleasant and have the skills and tact when dealing with clients. When I was making my waffles (it is self serve) she said I was using too much batter and when the door shut hard behind me she yelled at me. Also, when asked about the password for the internet she was very rude in saying that she had already told us several times when she had not. She is the only negative comment I can make about the inn. Perhaps she needs to go to charm school.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Newport, Rhode Island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

Very reasonable cost -- in the coolest of towns. Arriving late at night, the hotel made special arrangements for us. Wow, I was very pleased with that extra effort. The rooms were very nice. I would definitely stay there again.
Everything was perfect. Staff were extremely friendly and helpful.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
ComfortInnCarmel, Manager at Comfort Inn Carmel By The Sea, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Dear Guest,

We always appreciate hearing a guest that not only enjoyed there time in Carmel but enjoyed there time at our hotel. I will pass along the many positive comments you expressed about our housekeeping and reception staff as they are always working hard and always appreciate there work being recognized. Thank you!
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013 via mobile

We stayed her for two nights in late February, and we were kindly upgraded to the king room after booking the queen. We found all of the accommodation options a bit pricey in Carmel, so this was the best value for the area. The hotel is in a very convenient location and is walking distance to the beach and centre of town.

The room was clean and the bathroom was a good size. The breakfast was good for what we wanted but don't expect to be blown away by it.

I would recommend staying here if passing through or travelling on a budget.

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

We appreciate the many positive comments about your stay at the Comfort Inn Carmel. We always appreciate it when a guest feels that they had good value for the price they paid. Our staff works hard to make each guest experience a positive one. Thank you for your business and we hope you return.
Saint Cloud, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

We enjoyed our stay at the Comfort Inn Carmel by the Sea. The room was very clean and attractive and the personnel were very friendly and helpful. The breakfast served was tastey and fresh. We would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

We appreciate your recent visit to the Comfort Inn Carmel and sharing your experience during your stay. Our staff and management work hard to create an environment of comfort so the each guest can truly enjoy there time in Carmel. We look forward to your next visit to our hotel.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013 via mobile

This is a very reasonably priced Inn to stay in Carmel that is located right at the beginning of the downtown area and you are close to all the shopping and a brief walk to the beach. Free parking was available. Free wifi. Free breakfast. And a very pleasant lady was in the checkin counter. Would definitely come back here. Rooms are nicely updated. Many rooms have 1 window and that window is facing the outdoors corridor that runs around the property, so anyone walking outside your room can peek in. Loved the old country doors that split in half and you can have only the top part open to let the breeze in. Room had a safe, little fridge, coffee maker, desk, iron, etc.

• Stayed January 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you so much for sharing you great experience at the Comfort Inn Carmel. We were so happy that you decided to stay a second night as Carmel and the surrounding area are so enjoyable that you definitely need a second day to explore. I was so happy to hear to describe our hotel and its many beautiful qualities. I appreciate all the positive comments about Susie as she does a wonderful in taking care of each and every guest and ensuring there comfort and enjoyment during there stay at the Comfort Inn. I will make sure to share your comments with her. We look forward to your next visit to Carmel!

Been to Comfort Inn Carmel By The Sea? Share your experiences!