“A beautiful lunch” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Monterey, California
“A beautiful lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

We sat outside and enjoyed a wide variety of appetizers and entrees. I had the Thai curry. It was perfect. The menu is great because there will be something for everyone. I'll try breakfast there next.

Marina, California
“High location, higher standards, highest quality!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

Finally had the opportunity to check out the Treehouse Cafe, where I was invited by a good friend to meet for a late lunch, and I wasn't disappointed.

First, the location. A second floor location provided a great ambiance among the many street-level establishments in Carmel. I like being above the noise and day strollers, especially on a bright, warm, and sunshine-filled day. It gives the place a sense of privacy and exclusivity. The decorations were tasteful and not too busy. The patio looked so inviting, but since my host had arrived first and already chosen an inside table, I opted not to move. Next warm sunny day it's the patio for sure!

I was surprised, however, that one of the owners (Fadi) was our server this day. Perhaps he was just setting the bar for the other employees, or we got lucky, but he was charming and gracious, without being overbearing. He certainly did set the bar high, and I hope the other servers model his behavior. Of course, his previous restaurants have afforded him the knowledge of what customers want in a server and a dining experience. I can only hope the other employees will learn from him, or that he will encourage them to move on to another establishment, where standards are lower.

On the recommendation of my host, I ordered the smoked salmon sandwich, with goat cheese, tomato, and arugula on a warm ciabatta bread, and I wasn't disappointed. It was just the right size - not too big, but not kid's size, either. I love big sandwiches when the food is good - but this one was great! Everything tasted so fresh, and it was the perfect sandwich for a warm sunny day. My host had the same, while his daughter had the chicken pesto pasta. The pasta is made fresh, and comes from a local pasta maker. We know how kids are hard to please, but she seemed to enjoy it. I will try the pasta next time for sure!

The one down side isn't the fault of the owners, but the parking in Carmel is tough. I parked in a 30 minute zone, and I'm sure we were there longer. Thanks to the parking police for not ticketing me! I'll try to get their earlier next time - can't wait!

San Francisco, California
“Fresh, international and great service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013 via mobile

Fresh, international and great service, friendly and dog friendly food is the best I have ever had
It's casual good for kids

Paradise Valley, Arizona, United States
“Lunch at Tree House Cafe”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

Excellent service, umbrella tables on the patio with flower boxes, international menu, pasta made on site. Try the linguine with chicken and pesto sauce. For breakfast, I loved the turkey, bacon, avocado omelette. Reasonable prices. I will definitely return.

Visited August 2013
Monterey
“New hot spot carmel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013 via mobile

A new resturant with a great menu. Nicly decorated and friendly service. Highly recomended
The owner abd his wife run the resturant. Try the thai food there. The owners wive cooks it. Delisious