“Great friendly service”

There are newer reviews for Forge in the Forest Restaurant
London, United Kingdom
“Great friendly service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

Eating on the patio here is a relaxing fun experience. We enjoyed sharing an artichoke before good short ribs and pasta loaded with delicious lobster. We had a great server who gave us a taste of another pinot noir she recommended and was lively and bubbly, adding to the experience. Enjoyed and so went back for happy hour another day.

Visited October 2013
CA
“Great outdoor patio!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

We had a great lunch outdoors on the patio a few days ago. It was a little cool, but the heat lamps were all going. Flowers are still blooming, so it was pretty outside. Dogs were welcome at the ends or sides of the tables.
My husband and I shared a Reuben sandwich and cole slaw, as the portions were rather large. It was quite good, although I wouldn't say it was the best meal I've ever had. The atmosphere was great, the food was good, the waiter was attentive, and the prices were reasonable, for being in Carmel! I'd go back!

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Danville, California
“A tremendous disappointmnet”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

We returned to Forge in the Forest after our charmed experience back in 2006, when we first brought our four-legged son to dine here. Unlike our last experience, this one is an absolute disappointment. First, there are no longer doggie treats on the table for the pooches. Secondly, the human food is at the quality level of a Denny's (in fact, for the price, I'd much prefer Denny's). Third, it took about 20 minutes to get some bread for the table and a whopping 45 minutes to get our food (for a table full of kids, it's not acceptable). Lastly, the cost was extraordinary - we spent more money here for mediocre food than fresh-from-the-sea food from Passionfish in Pacific Grove! The only redeeming aspect of the experience was that our server tried hard to be accommodating - though he was spread thin and there wasn't much he could do about the pace the food was coming out of the kitchen. Don't waste your time or your money here.

• Visited August 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
California
“Unenthusiastic Diners”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

From soups and salads to desert...there was a marked lack of anything special...except for the service. It was surprising to find that this was the case, because we had preconceived notions about how spectacular this would be. It wasn't, and we would never go back.

Visited October 2013
Fremont, California
“Tasteless food”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

I gave this place 2 stars - one for their dog friendliness and another one for the pleasant and smiling waiter. I ordered the French onion soup and a Caesar salad. The soup looked very appetizing but whatever cheese was baked on top tasted extremely bland. The salad was a more than ample portion. No ground pepper brought to the table so I simply added my own. I have never, ever, been served such a tasteless Caesar salad in my entire life! It was awful. I could not eat it. Our poodles, on the other hand, had no problem attacking the hamburger we ordered for them from the doggy menu. (Extremely greasy but they didn't care).

• Visited October 2013