“Incredible views” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Rocky Point Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #44 of 152 Restaurants in Carmel
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Steakhouse, Californian
Good for: Scenic view
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Palo Colorado Cyn
Transit: Monterey Salinas Transit stops one mile north of Rocky Point Restaurant
Description: Rocky Point Restaurant is located 10 miles south of Carmel, a mere fifteen-minute scenic drive, on 36700 Highway 1, between Carmel and Big Sur, offering spectacular views of the sea and shore from all window tables. We are open every day - all day. Our guests may enjoy whale spouting, sea otters and pelicans. Enjoy breakfast or lunch on our ocean terrace or in our lounge, or have a romantic candlelight dinner while the sun is setting over the Pacific Ocean. After sunset, our powerful floodlights illuminate the rocks and shore.
Carlsbad, CA
“Incredible views”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

What a great stop on the to or from Carmel/Big Sur. It is a must stop for lunch or dinner with views as good as 17 mile drive. Great service and excellent bar area. Outside dining too with fireplaces

Tallahassee, Florida
“Purely Delightful!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

What a gorgeous view over the dramatic Pacific coast! Eat a delicious, casual meal, inside or outside while watching the waves crash on the rocks and sand. Service was attentive and food choices great! Lovely flower pots and trees surround the building. Watch closely for the one sign and drive down a short way to their parking lot. Very well maintained.

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Huron, Ohio
“Deceiving Sign!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

Don't let the sign for this place turn you off...just stop in...you will love it! They have new owners and it is a beautiful setting with really friendly staff. We just had drinks on the deck but the menu looked good. I wish they would get a nicer sign...

Leeds
“Great views, nice lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

We dropped off here for lunch on our way to the Ventana inn. We had a light lunch of crab salad and skirt steak. The food was good, portion size good and prices ok. Service and views were great.

Monterey, California
“Wow!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

I just spent the most wonderful afternoon at The Rocky Point Restaurant in Big Sur. When we first sat down I thought to myself "This view is so beautiful! . It makes the whole trip here worthwhile. Little did I know what was to come. We started with the signature "cheese bread". It is made with homemade bread from a forty some year old recipe. All I can say is that I know why it"s been popular for so long. We had two appetizers....the calamari and the crab cake. Both selections were wonderful and special enough that you wouldn't call them "Ordinary y fare" Then I had the ocean salad. The shrimp couldn't have been fresher or more delectable . ......And the crabmeat salad. Well ,I wish I could make crab salad like that. I was too full for any of their homemade deserts....but as I sit here I can't help but wish that I'd brought home a piece. of their fresh cheesecake. Guess I'll have to go back. If you ever find yourself on Rt 1 south of Carmel,Ca and you want some great food, a magnificent view and wonderful memories stop at Rocky Point...

• Visited August 2013