“Deceiving Sign!!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Rocky Point Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #19 of 127 Restaurants in Carmel
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Dinner, Drinks, Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Palo Colorado Cyn
Transit: Monterey Salinas Transit stops one mile north of Rocky Point Restaurant
Description: Rocky Point Restaurant is located 10 miles south of Carmel, a mere fifteen-minute scenic drive, on 36700 Highway 1, between Carmel and Big Sur, offering spectacular views of the sea and shore from all window tables. We are open every day - all day. Our guests may enjoy whale spouting, sea otters and pelicans. Enjoy breakfast or lunch on our ocean terrace or in our lounge, or have a romantic candlelight dinner while the sun is setting over the Pacific Ocean. After sunset, our powerful floodlights illuminate the rocks and shore.
Huron, Ohio
“Deceiving Sign!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

Don't let the sign for this place turn you off...just stop in...you will love it! They have new owners and it is a beautiful setting with really friendly staff. We just had drinks on the deck but the menu looked good. I wish they would get a nicer sign...

Visited September 2013

Leeds
“Great views, nice lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

We dropped off here for lunch on our way to the Ventana inn. We had a light lunch of crab salad and skirt steak. The food was good, portion size good and prices ok. Service and views were great.

Visited September 2013
Monterey, California
“Wow!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

I just spent the most wonderful afternoon at The Rocky Point Restaurant in Big Sur. When we first sat down I thought to myself "This view is so beautiful! . It makes the whole trip here worthwhile. Little did I know what was to come. We started with the signature "cheese bread". It is made with homemade bread from a forty some year old recipe. All I can say is that I know why it"s been popular for so long. We had two appetizers....the calamari and the crab cake. Both selections were wonderful and special enough that you wouldn't call them "Ordinary y fare" Then I had the ocean salad. The shrimp couldn't have been fresher or more delectable . ......And the crabmeat salad. Well ,I wish I could make crab salad like that. I was too full for any of their homemade deserts....but as I sit here I can't help but wish that I'd brought home a piece. of their fresh cheesecake. Guess I'll have to go back. If you ever find yourself on Rt 1 south of Carmel,Ca and you want some great food, a magnificent view and wonderful memories stop at Rocky Point...

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Chicago, Illinois
“Good luck, but may not make it.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

Been to Rocky Point for over 20 years. New owners, hmmmm, maybe good. No! Terrible menu selections, horrible service, and clueless wait staff.

Only fish on menu for lunch was scallops, so my guest reluctantly choose that, my wife chicken salad. As entrees were served our guest received salmon! Never notifed of the change and told that they had no scallops left. It was the "catch of the day" and 1230pm--how could they be out??

Burgers were big and sloppy and it seemed by other orders, it was the only thing easily prepared. Also they still had the famous cheeze bread, but NOW for $7.

Lunch was $142 for 3 people with glasses of wine. Yes they seem to want to cover their investment of millions from us quickly.

Oh, the view is superb, but you can't change that. Sorry Rocky Point we'll never be back.

• 1 of 5 stars Food
Cedar Crest, New Mexico
“what a view!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

Between Monterey & Big Sur this is the perfect stop for lunch on the large patio which seems to hang in space over the Pacific below. Menu is varied & reasonably priced for the area. The view south to Big Sur lighthouse makes the food taste even better.

• 4 of 5 stars Food