“Great views, nice lunch” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Rocky Point Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 151 Restaurants in Carmel
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Scenic view
Dining options: Dinner, Drinks, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Cash Only, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Palo Colorado Cyn
Transit: Monterey Salinas Transit stops one mile north of Rocky Point Restaurant
Description: Rocky Point Restaurant is located 10 miles south of Carmel, a mere fifteen-minute scenic drive, on 36700 Highway 1, between Carmel and Big Sur, offering spectacular views of the sea and shore from all window tables. We are open every day - all day. Our guests may enjoy whale spouting, sea otters and pelicans. Enjoy breakfast or lunch on our ocean terrace or in our lounge, or have a romantic candlelight dinner while the sun is setting over the Pacific Ocean. After sunset, our powerful floodlights illuminate the rocks and shore. Please call for reservations.
Leeds
“Great views, nice lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

We dropped off here for lunch on our way to the Ventana inn. We had a light lunch of crab salad and skirt steak. The food was good, portion size good and prices ok. Service and views were great.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank Mike1664

Monterey, California
“Wow!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

I just spent the most wonderful afternoon at The Rocky Point Restaurant in Big Sur. When we first sat down I thought to myself "This view is so beautiful! . It makes the whole trip here worthwhile. Little did I know what was to come. We started with the signature "cheese bread". It is made with homemade bread from a forty some year old recipe. All I can say is that I know why it"s been popular for so long. We had two appetizers....the calamari and the crab cake. Both selections were wonderful and special enough that you wouldn't call them "Ordinary y fare" Then I had the ocean salad. The shrimp couldn't have been fresher or more delectable . ......And the crabmeat salad. Well ,I wish I could make crab salad like that. I was too full for any of their homemade deserts....but as I sit here I can't help but wish that I'd brought home a piece. of their fresh cheesecake. Guess I'll have to go back. If you ever find yourself on Rt 1 south of Carmel,Ca and you want some great food, a magnificent view and wonderful memories stop at Rocky Point...

1 Thank tuffy2013
Chicago, Illinois
“Good luck, but may not make it.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

Been to Rocky Point for over 20 years. New owners, hmmmm, maybe good. No! Terrible menu selections, horrible service, and clueless wait staff.

Only fish on menu for lunch was scallops, so my guest reluctantly choose that, my wife chicken salad. As entrees were served our guest received salmon! Never notifed of the change and told that they had no scallops left. It was the "catch of the day" and 1230pm--how could they be out??

Burgers were big and sloppy and it seemed by other orders, it was the only thing easily prepared. Also they still had the famous cheeze bread, but NOW for $7.

Lunch was $142 for 3 people with glasses of wine. Yes they seem to want to cover their investment of millions from us quickly.

Oh, the view is superb, but you can't change that. Sorry Rocky Point we'll never be back.

1 Thank ccws19
Cedar Crest, New Mexico
“what a view!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

Between Monterey & Big Sur this is the perfect stop for lunch on the large patio which seems to hang in space over the Pacific below. Menu is varied & reasonably priced for the area. The view south to Big Sur lighthouse makes the food taste even better.

• 4 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
2 Thank conchasdiver
Davis, California, United States
“Incredible views and good food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

Went to restaurant for dinner. Sat at table near window to watch sunset. Gorgeous view. Catch of the day was excellent as was strawberry rhubarb cobbler. Service was good. Will definitely be back again.

2 Thank Debbie Y