“Amazing Service, Very Good Food!” 4 of 5 stars

831-625-3367
Improve this listing
Ranked #115 of 150 Restaurants in Carmel
Mountain View, California
“Amazing Service, Very Good Food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

My husband and I finally got away for the day, we normally don't eat Chinese food in Carmel or Monterey, but when we walked by China Delight, it just sounded good. We wondered in and looked at the menu. We decided to stay and try it out. There were a few tables full of people, but it wasn't real busy. A very sweet, older woman came over to seat us and gave us our menus. She brought back hot tea right away. We decided to start with the sizzling rice soup, and ordered the mongolian beef to share. The restaurant quickly filled up before we even got our soup. About 10 minutes later she brought out our soup and served it to us. It was wonderful, fresh and delicious. She brought us both a glass of ice water and made sure we still had tea. About 10 minutes after we finished our soup, she brought out 2 plates for us and 5-10 minutes later she brought us our meal. The beef was tender and flavorful, and was hot. We both just wished it had been a little bit spicier. The service overall was wonderful, we enjoyed her personality and were given just the right amount of attention. The food was very good. We would definitely come back!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Hayward, California
“Horrible service!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

I am still really upset about the service at this restaurant. We live in the Bay Area, and went to Carmel to enjoy what the city has to offer. We decided to try this place because it was close to our hotel and my kids were starving.
The food was not bad. Nothing extraordinary, but decent food which is why I gave a 2 star review.
The service was awful!! If I could rate service alone, I would give it a -3 star!! The lady was so rude to us. I even dare to say she was racist, because there were other customers she kept coming to and checking on except me and my family. Maybe because we had kids, I don't know, but she was really rude. We asked for water and she gave us half-full glasses. My husband asked for more water, and even though all the glasses were empty she only poured one more half on his glass. We asked for additional napkins, as kids can use many, and she brought us one... ONE!!! She kept coming to check on other's food and how it was, she only served us and never checked again.The worst was when the check came. I was looking at my total and was higher than expected. Even though we were five, she put a party of six on the check and autocalculated the tip to 20%..... shady as hell!!! I knew I should of said something for such a shady thing, but I believe in karma, and it will come hunt her down without me having to do anything. I paid the bill and left. We will go back to Carmel since it is such a beautiful place, but never again to this horrible serviced restaurant!

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Michigan
“Absolutely terrible”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

Never tasted food so bad. Took one bite and told them it was horrible. Guess what! They made us for it anyway. Saying they weren't in the business for letting people test food and if they don't like it...than they don't pay. Poor service!!!!!

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Pacific Grove, California
“China de bland”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

OK, maybe they are catering to all the old folks that live in Carmel, but my curry chicken had nary a curry in it. I like a robust good tasting curry. But also the sweet and sour pork was just barely cooked through. Fresh, but not crispy on the outside. The Hong Kong noodles were OK. The combo fries rice was not catchy. For these prices, we wished we went elseware

The service was so-so. Take out orders seemed to take priority, when we were clearly ready to go, it took along time to get the bill, get our stuff packed up, and pay

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Los Altos, California
“Healthy cooking”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2012

We have Mu Shu Vegetables and Deep Fried String Beans for lunch and they are great. The chef does not dump a lot of salt or starched soy sauce like some Chinese restaurants usually do, so the dishes are a lot healthier. The place is also pleasant and clean.

• Visited June 2012