“nice surprise” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Trumbull, Connecticut
“nice surprise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

We were drawn to the sister restaurant Porta Bella next door, but found the menu too pricey for us this day and so looked next door. Merlot Bistro's offerings were excellent and reasonably priced and the Super Bird menu was exceptionally priced and offered excellent selections. Service was extremely professional, efficient, and pleasant.

Visited July 2013

• Korean first
Pacific Grove, California
“Another Great Choice in Carmel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

My wife and I ate here last Saturday evening, around 6:30. The place was almost empty at that time, but began filling up shortly thereafter. The food was excellent and the prices were reasonable for Carmel. I appreciated the nice wine-by-the-glass selection and nice prices. Service was prompt and professional.We will definetly eat there again in the near future as we live in a nearby town.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Nutley, New Jersey
“Solid 1 star for a confused dining experience”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

The 2 stars is really for the service, which was quite good. We came here because we had our 3 yeard old son with us and we knew it was a "kid-friendly" option in a town where the best restaurants are not okay for a 3 year old. The food was bizarre. I started with excargot ravioli. Definitely not fresh and the escargot must have been mashed to bits because I couldnt tell at all if they were actually in the filling. Next up was my pizza. It was a free range chicken pizza with mushrooms. I would expect the preperation for a pizza like that to be unique. I NEVER expected a plain (dominos style) pizza with marinara sauce and cheese, that was then covered with cubes of chicken and sliced mushrooms. It was pretty awful. I think my son's grilled cheese on sourdough was the best thing on the table. I wouldn't return. Thoroughly disappointing.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
“Early bird does catch the worm”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013 via mobile

Ate here tonight, beautiful food; portion sizes were perfect and presentation was lovely. Drinks were a little overpriced but the 2 course special was very good value which made up for this. Would definitely visit again.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Sarasota, Florida
“VERY good!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

This restaurant is outstanding! Their "early bird" special, which is offered until 10:00 p.m. is VERY good and VERY reasonable. Our dinner was absolutely one of our finest while on the CA coastline! Would recommend it highly!!!!!!

• Visited May 2013