“Excellent food, service and atmosphere” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 153 restaurants in Carmel
Cuisines: French, Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Romance, Outdoor seating
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
“Excellent food, service and atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

Casanova was recommended by the concierge at The Inn at Spanish Bay and my wife and I loved it. It is located in a beautiful old house that is nicely decorated. The food was excellent. Pasta dishes are fabulous, so is the seafood. Great wine list and the service is friendly and professional.
We will definitely go back next time in Carmel which, hopefully, will be soon!

76% Recommend
“Charming European Restaurant - Carmel's Finest”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

Having eaten here many times, it is the restaurant we always go back to first when visiting Carmel. I believe the restaurant has been here for 36 years, and is a favorite, and recommended highly by most hotels, motels, and cottages in Carmel.
The restaurant, is very European, serving Italian,pasta dishes, and even selling bunches og lavender.
Very charming! Food very very good and consistent. The Oso Bocco at lunch was sublime, and the baby octopus was wonderful, with a sauce that was very special. The pastry chef's stint is over 26 years, and all desserts are excellant!
The wine list is beyond fabulous! Page 70 features the very finest of French wines.... Spectacular! One of the best wine cellars anywhere...., I can recommend this restaurant high enough, we love it! Will always return...

Visited July 2013
Illinois
“Great overall experience.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

Wandering around Carmel by the Sea, we came across Casanova's. What a find it was. The building is modeled after a villa you would find in an old town in Italy or France. The staff is extremely friendly and accommodating. They have a 120+ page wine list and a sommelier who was very helpful. On top of all this, the food is the highlight. Most all of the ingredients are local grown and organicand the pasta made fresh. My wife had the Insalata Nicolletta, and I had the Pollo Rustico con Pomodoro. Both were very, very good.
We must of got there just before the crowd, because by the time we left there was a wait for a table. So plan accordingly, but don't miss it. It is worth a short wait.

California
“Casanova is my favorite in Carmel...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

Only my second trip to Carmel and we has to eat here again. The place is unique and cozy and I just love it! We ate at three other restaurants in Carmel and this was the best. The service is great! I had ravioli and they were spectacular. We sat outside on the back patio and although it was cold out, the heaters kept me perfectly warm. We had a banana dessert and it was soooo yummy. We will eat here each time we visit ;) very special place!

Toronto, Canada
“The best in Carmel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

I recommend this restaurant to anyone going to Carmel. This city by the sea has many restaurant options but look no further than Casanova. This quaint spot has a tree in the middle of its bistro. The environment is lovely and the food is fantastic. The pasta and mussels are excellent but save room for dessert. The servers are five star. I don't have one dislike.. only absolute satisfaction.

Visited July 2013