- Absolutely beautiful fit and finish in the room - everything was clean, modern, tasteful, restful, and comfortable - even the beds. Our room had a big bathtub in it and a separate shower, a Keurig coffee machine, full-sized ironing board and iron, refrigerator, and easy power sockets.
- Lovely grounds, including a pool and pretty little pond. The breakfast area is particularly charming and pretty. The Carmel Valley is beautiful just to look at in general, so the scenery outside the resort area is nice, too. You feel much further from civilization than you are.
- Very friendly welcome staff (special thanks to Leone, who was friendly and warm).
- Good continental breakfast, with organic jams, fruit, and fresh juices, and tasty simple breads. The coffee was good. The only things I'd avoid are the hard boiled eggs.
- Close to Carmel, some of the fancy restaurants and wineries nearby, and not far from attractions like Los Lobos (15-minute drive).
- Free parking and wifi (you really can't take these for granted anymore).
- Although we were staying in one of the best rooms (cottage room 121), you could definitely hear people as they walked by your room because it's on the ground level and people walk by it. This also makes it feel less secluded and private than other places we have stayed at that price point. This was only during the day, though, so it wasn't a big deal to us.
- It could really use a hot tub.
- In the beautiful weekend-trip areas easily accessible to the Bay Area (within three hours), you should expect to pay between $200-300 a night for a place like this, so I don't think the price was unreasonable, but I do think that's pricey for most people's budgets.
- I really liked that the staff were so unintrusive (we only talked to the staff who checked us in and checked us out), but if you're the kind of person who needs room service and wants every amenity, this might not be the place for you.
In other words, the few "cons" there are were not important to us, and I feel confident we will come again because we had a perfect experience there. We wish we could have stayed longer.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Despegar.com and Odigeo so you can book your Quail Lodge & Golf Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.