“a taste of history” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 29 Activities in Carmel
Fresno, California
“a taste of history”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

We come to Monterey often but never realized the richness of history of this place until Monica Hudson gave us a tour of the city. She was incredibly knowledgeable,fun, patient and amazing lady. She was very good in details from the discovery of this place ,to the exploration and the beginning of the city. What a phographic memory. She is really a historian and we are lucky to have her as our tourist guide. We highly recommend her if you wish to get the best tour ever. Kudos to the company for having Ms Hudson in your company.

San Diego, California
“A Must Do!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

My husband and I would make annual trips to Carmel visiting family, but not really taking the time to enjoy all of its natural beauty and history. So this time, we decided to go with the reccommendation of the locals and take a California Legacy Tour (CLT). CLT offers tours on the Point Lobos State Reserve, Carmel and Monterey; we opted for the tour of Point Lobos State Reserve. What an amazing place! The reserve offered gorgeous views and easy hiking and walking. Our guide, Monica, was immensely knowledgeable, informative, and friendly, and very well known by all of the rangers in the park. Her “insider knowledge” took us through interesting trails, vistas, and sites such as Whaler’s Cove and Whaler’s Cabin. It is often overcast and a lil chilly so take a windbreaker or some type of jacket if you go. We enjoyed her tour so much, that we booked a Historic Monterey tour with her the following day. That tour was fantastic as well. Her passion for the history of Carmel and Monterey would make anyone an enthusiast. We definitely would recommend booking Monica for both of these tours.

Fresno
“Carmel Walking Tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Monica's tour is a leisurely easy walk that as a senior, I was so enthralled to see some of Carmel's unique sights that previously I had only read about. Such as Doris Day's Cyprus Inn is fascinating with her famous movie scenes and songs, Also, we were excited to walk through the hidden passage ways, secret gardens and shops of Clint Eastwood's backyard!

We felt like kids again seeing the "Fairy Tale' like cottages built so many years ago by Hugh Comstock! We loved this tour so much, that we plan to take the other tours offered by Monica's California Legacy Tours

Visited May 2013
Vista, California, United States
“Great Information and very knowledgeable!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

I visited Carmel for a birthday celebration in early March. While I was there, I decided to take the tour, and what a treat it was! Monica, the tour guide, was extremely knowledgeable and enthusiastic as she guided us throughout historical Monterey. I never knew how much history there was for such a small town! We navigated the town in a relatively short time and got to see many fascinating landmarks. My favorite was the prison!! Talk about a travel back in time. I would definitely do it again if ever I'm in the area. Excellent Job!

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“The Legacy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

I found Monica's Legacy tour to be very enlightening, did not realize the key players in the formation of the California Republic and how some of the families continued to make major impact on the formation of what has become the state of California. She is very knowledgeable, yet laid back in her display of knowledge and very approachable about any details. Point Lobos came alive and we were able to see all of the best sights

Visited February 2013