“ridiculously expensive, not worth your money” 2 of 5 stars

Update restaurant details
Ranked #70 of 152 restaurants in Carmel
Cuisines: Italian
Vienna, Austria
“ridiculously expensive, not worth your money”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

i have to admit that the restaurant itself has a romantic atmosphere. but the food is not worth your money. we had one seafood pizza, salad with goatcheese and a bottle of the cheapest red wine (pinot noir for > 40 dollars!!!) and paid 108 dollars!!!!
i am willing to pay high prices for high quality but this was just ridiculous. no spices on the pizza, the dough itself reminded me of deep-frozen pizzas i ate thousands of them when i was on college.
also the wine list is far too expensive!
and: a tip of more than 20 percent was added to the bill automatically. for whatever reason.
just avoid this place!!!

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

78% Recommend
“Foreigners beware”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013 via mobile

The service was terrible from the beginning, the waiter was called Yves he had a really bad attitude, when the bill came we had 20% gratuity included and we were a party of for, so I went to the manager/owner and he immediately took it off but Yves said that because FOREIGNERS usually don't tip, that's why he added the gratuity.
Take notice.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Herts
“Def worth a visit but make sure you book”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

2 week holiday in California and this was by far the best meal. One of the few restaurants, if not the only one I would have to return to.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Excellent!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

Great service and atmosphere. I wanted sand dabs so did a search for "best sand dabs, Carmel"
Was not disappointed. I couldn't decide between piccata and romanesca so was offered a combo. YUM! The bread is wonderful and the sun-dried tomato dipping sauce was beyond description. We also ordered roasted garlic and pear/arugula salad. Everything was so good I was almost too full to enjoy the main course....but I did anyway! My friend had the spinach pasta and did not care for it but since I didn't try it I can't comment. We both agreed the service and everything else was superb and would go back.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“DavidYnz”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

Great food, my wife and I always enjoy eating here when we visit Carmel. They serve you a lot of food and they serve you with confidence because of how good the food is. Great place to eat.

• Visited May 2013